We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eric, your feedback adds a great amount of 'usability' and 'owner advocacy' for sUSAi member/owners.  I for one, applaud the real dialogue from all DVI staff and smart Centers (and we need more sC's on here). I hope your advice will help Kenny get 450 parts when he needs them (and I hope the price isn't too outrageous).

Keep up the good work.

MJB

+1 on that! Good information about getting parts for the 450. 

jwight said:

It's clear at this point that even when smart USA/DVI delivers on their promise to provide a service point in MN it will not be enough to satisfy some individuals.  Fair enough - sell the car or whatever, or come up with a realistic suggestion for further action (smart cannot just crap a dealership whenever someone asks for it.)  That's unfortunate IMHO since it's detracting from the enjoyment of the smart.  As a friend used to say, "what's a mother to do?"

corky said:

I know it pains you when someone speaks negatively about your little toy, but rest assured that I have yet to see one post of unreasonable discourse on the situation here in MN. I know some will sing the praises of their purchasing decision even when slapped in the face with the facts, but all MN owners(& elsewhere) have asked for is to be given what they paid for. Now for the benefit of us here, in "flyover country"  please post where anyone has said they wouldn't be "satisfied" if MB stepped forward & honored their obligation. As far as selling the Smart, the resale value tanked when MB bailed so that would require a substantial loss to do so. A lot of here didn't buy our Smarts for a "plaything".

It's my pleasure. Let me know how you make out Kenny.  Speaking of parts, I look forward to announcing some 451 spare parts price reductions that @jwight has been assisting me with.  

Squeaky wheels get greased.  If we had said nothing, then nothing would be done.  I am hopeful that a smart service point will be established for the Minnesota orphans.

If I were running the company, once a service point was re-established in Minnesota, I would extend the warranty for a year or two for those smart owners that lost their warranty because of the lack of local dealer support.  I would bet that some ruffled feathers would be smoothed.

Since it seems hard to establish a new dealer, I hope now that MB will have learned from this mistake and will be reluctant to remove a dealer from a region until arrangements are made for a new dealer.

jwight said:

It's clear at this point that even when smart USA/DVI delivers on their promise to provide a service point in MN it will not be enough to satisfy some individuals.  Fair enough - sell the car or whatever, or come up with a realistic suggestion for further action (smart cannot just crap a dealership whenever someone asks for it.)  That's unfortunate IMHO since it's detracting from the enjoyment of the smart.  As a friend used to say, "what's a mother to do?"

I agree with you on that point. Hopefully after establishing a service point, a dealer will be next. Getting time to think about trading for a new car...

Aloha,

Why don't you lose the "Featured Discussion" segment? There is not enough traffic to make it useful, and it just gets in the way when moving between forums. It is rather annoying.

Otherwise, I do check in every other week or so and find the forums interesting.

My smart is the perfect car for Hawaii...I love it, and it never fails to generate positive comments from perfect strangers! It would be nice if Honolulu smarties would organize an event.

Beachbum

Eric,

It's been almost a month (Feb 27th) since you said that you hoped to make an announcement "very soon" on a service point for Minnesota drivers.  Any update or process toward that "announcement?

Thanks!

Esteban

June of last year we heard it would be a matter of weeks to hear about a Minneapolis dealership. Still waiting...

Esteban, 
Yes it has been longer than I would have liked. The status is still the same.  The moment I have more news to share I will do it here. I am sorry this is not yet resolved for you all.

E

Stephen C Hokonson said:

Eric,

It's been almost a month (Feb 27th) since you said that you hoped to make an announcement "very soon" on a service point for Minnesota drivers.  Any update or process toward that "announcement?

Thanks!

Esteban

Thanks for responding keep us apprised we will be here :)

Almost half way through April and still no news about our plight here in Minnesota. Do I hear crickets chirping??

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service