We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Boys & Girls,

I have some news I'd like to share that will be of interest to Smart owners from Minnesota. As you already know, I've been been rather vocal about Daimler's irresponsibility in the Twin Cities market both on this forum and some others as well. I cornered a Smart representative at an RV owner's rally who was there touting the benefits of the ForTwo as a tow car behind a motorhome. This, to me, was a perfect opportunity to bring up the dealer issue so asked him where the nearest servicing dealer was located. The guy gave me sort of a pained look and responded quietly that Omaha and Madison were the two closest but there were changes coming. I stated flatly that we have heard this tune before and related the previous promises. He then divulged that there is a new dealership being built from the ground up that will sell MB, Sprinter and Smart in Rochester, MN. It will open as soon as construction is complete and the lot paved.

This is from a Smart sales rep and you all can believe it or not as it might or might not be true. I've got an appointment in late August at the Mayo Clinic which is located in Rochester and will try to sniff around to see if this latest news is real.

"4-Paws" from Iowa

The Rochester Post Bulletin had an article about this in May and said it was working on a parcel of land in the 'Shops on Maine ' area. They didn't say what brands they would be handling, just that it was the Ballweg Family of dealers from Wausau Wisconsin which has 6 other dealerships. 

http://postbulletin.typepad.com/kiger/retail_news/

4-Paws said:

Hello Boys & Girls,

I have some news I'd like to share that will be of interest to Smart owners from Minnesota. As you already know, I've been been rather vocal about Daimler's irresponsibility in the Twin Cities market both on this forum and some others as well. I cornered a Smart representative at an RV owner's rally who was there touting the benefits of the ForTwo as a tow car behind a motorhome. This, to me, was a perfect opportunity to bring up the dealer issue so asked him where the nearest servicing dealer was located. The guy gave me sort of a pained look and responded quietly that Omaha and Madison were the two closest but there were changes coming. I stated flatly that we have heard this tune before and related the previous promises. He then divulged that there is a new dealership being built from the ground up that will sell MB, Sprinter and Smart in Rochester, MN. It will open as soon as construction is complete and the lot paved.

This is from a Smart sales rep and you all can believe it or not as it might or might not be true. I've got an appointment in late August at the Mayo Clinic which is located in Rochester and will try to sniff around to see if this latest news is real.

"4-Paws" from Iowa

Thanks for cornering the guy and setting loose the latest rumor.  I have heard a couple of others and I cannot wait until the official big announcement that they have promised before August 7, 2012.  I hope that all of the rumors are true and that there will be dealership(s) and or service point(s) in the Twin Cities and now a dealership in Rochester.

I am holding my breath and counting the days.

4-Paws said:

Hello Boys & Girls,

"4-Paws" from Iowa

Rochester would be a big improvement.

Home to Omaha......331 Mi

Home to Madison....405 Mi

Home to Rochester..215 MI

Home to where I bought the damn thing...133 Mi

I'll take a dealer pretty much anywhere in the state!

Only a week or so until the big announcement(???)  60 days are almost up.... 

Hi,

I'm a new member and am waiting for a smart that I configured at the dealer to come in.  (They said it will take about 2 months.)

I noticed it is difficult to find a genuine smart accessory list around, (more specifically in my case for a 2013 passion coupe.)  I was lucky when configuring the smart that the salesman brought out a black and white copy of the "Initial Assortment List" which he allowed me to keep, but I can't seem to find a list anywhere on the smart website, or elsewhere on the web.  The most current I could find is for the 2012 model yr.  Anyways, I thought if the ones who are able to add this to the smart website would see this, then maybe they'd make the change...

Thanks for reading, and I hope to be a good contributor in the future.

Just to let people know, the web site for the 2013 smart Car Nationals is now live!  Visit smartcarnatls.com for information on the event, such as planned activities, events and of course convention registration.  Everyone is welcome to attend.  We're planning on this being the biggest, and best National convention ever!

The organizers of Nationals have done a great job and are planning a fantastic Nationals event.  As well as the two large group drives they will be listing drives for smaller groups.  I looked through the events today and there are alot of ifun places and things to do listed for the Denver area. 

I want to challenge all smart owners to make plans to be at National's next year.  How does it go "BE THERE or BE SQUARE", an oldie but still appropriate. 

There are so many great mountain roads to drive and places to visit in th mountains outside of Denver that it's guaranteed you won't be bored. Plan to extend your vacation and spend extra time in Colorado before you head back home or take your time driving to and/or from Colorado and see some of our beautiful country!!

I've personally driven through Colorado, including over the Rockies from Grand Junction to the other side and back 4 times.  Including the Denver area.  There's no way any sightseer could get bored over there.  Too many distractions, i.e. photo opportunities along the way. 

Be prepared to work 4th gear on a consistent basis.

At the Midwest smart Rally, in Red Wing, Minnesota in early June, we were promised by the Daimler representative that there would be an announcement regarding service in Minnesota within 60 days.  That was 60 days ago... please let us know what to expect.

Dear Smart Admin

I love my 08 Fortwo and for the type of driving I do I like the current automated standard transmission. But some dont, so give people a choice. It cant be that hard to remove the clutch & shift servo motors, add cables a clutch pedal and a shifter. It should actually cost less!. And in the future a fully automatic fluid torque converter type transmission should be a option too. Id LOVE to see Smart bring back the Roadster with the 1 L 12v 84hp turbo std and the Brabus 98hp as a option with a avail std 5spd trans. Im SURE it would sell well here in the US. Thanks. Jeff

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service