We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 17895

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

???? Is anyone minding the store?

Jim Gausman said:

At the Midwest smart Rally, in Red Wing, Minnesota in early June, we were promised by the Daimler representative that there would be an announcement regarding service in Minnesota within 60 days.  That was 60 days ago... please let us know what to expect.

We hear you, Jeff. We get a lot of feedback on the transmission and it is something we consider.

Thanks for being active on sUSAi. The second smartUSA can discuss any new products, we'll post the information here so our Insiders get first dibs.

Jeff Sears said:

Dear Smart Admin

I love my 08 Fortwo and for the type of driving I do I like the current automated standard transmission. But some dont, so give people a choice. It cant be that hard to remove the clutch & shift servo motors, add cables a clutch pedal and a shifter. It should actually cost less!. And in the future a fully automatic fluid torque converter type transmission should be a option too. Id LOVE to see Smart bring back the Roadster with the 1 L 12v 84hp turbo std and the Brabus 98hp as a option with a avail std 5spd trans. Im SURE it would sell well here in the US. Thanks. Jeff

Hi, Jim. We are still working on the MN smart center.  It's top of mind. Once we finalize everything, we'll give our smarties all the info. 

Jim Gausman said:

Jim Gausman said:

At the Midwest smart Rally, in Red Wing, Minnesota in early June, we were promised by the Daimler representative that there would be an announcement regarding service in Minnesota within 60 days.  That was 60 days ago... please let us know what to expect.

Oh no!!  Not a large + heavy + maintenance intensive fully automatic transmission with a torque converter!!  Blechh...

How about a light, inexpensive clutch pedal???  That would make these little cars even more fun to drive in those parts of this country that are not so traffic laden as LA.

I would even pay more (increase smart's profit margin) for a smartie with a real stick.

Kamaal said:

Oh no!!  Not a large + heavy + maintenance intensive fully automatic transmission with a torque converter!!  Blechh...

Hi Kamaal   Im NOT saying to replace our trans just offer options for people that want something else. If someone does alot of stop & go in hilly areas a full auto makes sense. (same people burning up our clutches). Personally I`ll keep mine as is, but if they brought back the Roadster Id opt for a full manual trans, not having that option hurt sales in europe. Anyone know when we get the Turbo 1L they allready have in the UK ?. Jeff

Kamaal said:

Europe has a 600cc with a turbo, not a 1L. the roadsters died off because there were too many other cars with the exact same idea as the roadster and it cost more to build than they could sell it for. 

There are plenty of other cars with a manual trans to choose from, smart doesn't need to follow the pack. I got my smart because it was different. 

Is there room in the footwell for another pedal?  

My feet are not THAT large, but I would have a tough time putting one foot on the clutch and another foot on the brake at the same time with the current front wheel setup.

Dave

They started as 600s then went to 700s and now have a 1000 turbo avail with 84hp or a Brabus 98hp.

Jim VW said:

Europe has a 600cc with a turbo, not a 1L. the roadsters died off because there were too many other cars with the exact same idea as the roadster and it cost more to build than they could sell it for. 

There are plenty of other cars with a manual trans to choose from, smart doesn't need to follow the pack. I got my smart because it was different. 

I stand corrected. They are not imported into the US, same with the diesels, and the roadsters..

Jeff Sears said:

They started as 600s then went to 700s and now have a 1000 turbo avail with 84hp or a Brabus 98hp.

Jim VW said:

Is there anything that we can do to help speed up this process?

sUSAi Admin said:

Hi, Jim. We are still working on the MN smart center.  It's top of mind. Once we finalize everything, we'll give our smarties all the info. 

Jim Gausman said:

Jim Gausman said:

Finally a glimmer of hope in Minnesota!!!  Someone in the Smart Car of America Minnesmarta chapter forum reported that they received a postcard from Eurosport of Wayzata stating that they service smart cars. 

I contacted Eurosport to inquire about their capabilities.  Their reply to me indicates that they have a STAR computer with the 'smart dealer subscription'.  Also they stock most smart maintenance items.

Find them here:  http://www.eurosportwayzata.com/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.