We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 17981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good news for those of us beyond warranty!! 

Safeandsmart.com appears to be gone for good; I think I remember something being said by DVI that it would be replaced by more emphasis on smart's safety performance in ads.... is that still a plan for the near future?

Just saw a link to the smart USA site on cafemom.com.

One of our upcoming TV spots will focus on safety. 

jwight said:

Safeandsmart.com appears to be gone for good; I think I remember something being said by DVI that it would be replaced by more emphasis on smart's safety performance in ads.... is that still a plan for the near future?

Hi Jesse, 

Sorry for the late reply. Friend me and I will email you a PDF copy. The new Accessories brochure will be on smartusa.com very soon. 

Eric

Jesse Zeno Chen said:

Hi,

I'm a new member and am waiting for a smart that I configured at the dealer to come in.  (They said it will take about 2 months.)

I noticed it is difficult to find a genuine smart accessory list around, (more specifically in my case for a 2013 passion coupe.)  I was lucky when configuring the smart that the salesman brought out a black and white copy of the "Initial Assortment List" which he allowed me to keep, but I can't seem to find a list anywhere on the smart website, or elsewhere on the web.  The most current I could find is for the 2012 model yr.  Anyways, I thought if the ones who are able to add this to the smart website would see this, then maybe they'd make the change...

Thanks for reading, and I hope to be a good contributor in the future.

It has been past the 60 days we were told to wait for news of a dealer or even a repair site here in Minnesota. This will be yet another time when we were told news is forthcoming and nothing has resulted. I hear of more and more Minnesota smart owners trading in for other brands and taking a bath on the trade-in price because of no local dealer. 

As I mentioned in another post Jim, I think swapping with an auto group that has a Smart dealership would lessen the "bath" one would take when trading for a different brand. PAG, the Smart franchisee in La Vista NE has 18 other brand centers, Zimbrick in Madison has 16. I think you should be able to get a better trade in price than you could in MN, or some other place Smart has gone the way of the dodo. 

What is so confusing and exasperating is that local dealers are claiming to service smarts, Rochester is dangled as a possibility or a new dealership, and Eric remains mum about his "service point" promise of ages ago. The miscommunication problem frustrates all of us.  A bit of staight forward honesty might be refreshing!

This I agree with.  I would love to trade in my smart for another, but driving 4 hours each way is not one of my top 10 choices of a way to spend my day off... I am one of the lucky ones who lives almost exactly 1/2 way between both dealerships. 

Don't get me wrong, Both are exceptional dealers, and I enjoy driving my smart but... come on now, I think we have been left hanging long enough here...

Still standing by...

About six months since this reply:

Reply by eric angeloro on February 27, 2012 at 11:31am

Jim, 

A service point will be opening in your area. We hope to announce it very soon once the final processes are completed. Sorry it has been taking longer than we'd like, but we (DVI) wanted to make sure a proper solution was put in place for our owners in the MN area.  Stand by.

Eric 

I went to a Mercedes dealer & was sent away because their computer was not licensed to access the OBD on my smart. That sounds kinda UNSMART to me. The "parent" company can't service one of their own products?

Stephen C Hokonson said:

What is so confusing and exasperating is that local dealers are claiming to service smarts, Rochester is dangled as a possibility or a new dealership, and Eric remains mum about his "service point" promise of ages ago. The miscommunication problem frustrates all of us.  A bit of staight forward honesty might be refreshing!

Did that particular dealer have a smart center?  If not, they are not an authorized smart service provider.  Same with Sprinter vans; not all M-B dealers sell them and only the ones that do can provide the complete range of services. 

Kathy or Gary said:

I went to a Mercedes dealer & was sent away because their computer was not licensed to access the OBD on my smart. That sounds kinda UNSMART to me. The "parent" company can't service one of their own products?

Stephen C Hokonson said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service