We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18033

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What ever happened to the idea of presenting badges to owners of high mileage smarts (as is done with the M-B cars)?  Apparently smarts don't qualify for the M-B badge: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f4/no-badge-you-mb-wont-hon...

Most owners would probably be willing to pay the cost of the badge... I know I would.

Putt Putt said:

Umm, it cost money??  I think the owners of higher mileage smarts should get more than just a badge...

jwight said:

What ever happened to the idea of presenting badges to owners of high mileage smarts (as is done with the M-B cars)?  Apparently smarts don't qualify for the M-B badge: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f4/no-badge-you-mb-wont-hon...

LOL... Stitch will hit 50k next week... by the time I'm done at Nationals next year he'll be well over 100k. :)

They have them for your profile photo. Better than nothin'.

http://www.smartusainsider.com/profiles/blogs/smart-usa-insider-badges

MJB

@wdhitch, that's great. Here's to another 50K.

Just over 82,000 miles, maybe a new car for Nationals???

Thanks!!

sUSAi Admin said:

@wdhitch, that's great. Here's to another 50K.

No BS... my major reward is the people I've gotten to meet. smart owners are some of the best friends I've made. Shoot... we get to tear up the dragon once a year. :)

Putt Putt said:

You don't need no stinkin badges.......You need a major award!

wdhitch said:

LOL... Stitch will hit 50k next week... by the time I'm done at Nationals next year he'll be well over 100k. :)

The comaraderie among the smart owners is definitely one of the biggest rewards of owning a smart.  I agree with wdhitch and putt putt we are a unique group and Outsmarting the Dragon is one of the best rallies/meets we've attended.  I love attending the different meets and getting to hang out with the owners.  The drives are always fun and worth the drive to get to the rally.

I think some kind of badge program for owners with smarts over 100K is a great idea. I hope to see something in place before Nationals. That would be a good place to hand out the badges to those who've earned it. IMHO

Little Blue is heading towards 75K. So at this rate we may be close to 100K by Nationals. He gets driven alot between Jim commuting to work and trips for rallies and visiting family.

I have a 2008 Passion with 117,000 miles on it, my roof has crazed over the last 4 years. A month ago I noticed hairline cracks on the front edge and along both sides. My roof has begun leaking when it rains. I have sealed the cracks with silicone and that keeps the water out. Has anybody else had this problem and since it is out of warranty do I have any recourse with the dealer?

Mike -- go check the SCOA forum -- this is a very oft talked about issue. So far MB has pretty much dropped the ball AND kicked it.

I am happy to report that the new smart center will be part of the new dealership being built in Rochester, MN which will be a relocation of the current Wausau, WI dealership. A formal press release and Scoop post to follow. Eg. article from March 31, 2012: http://postbulletin.typepad.com/kiger/2012/05/mercedes-dealership-c...

Jim VW said:

Agree'd it has NOT been announced by SmartUSA, but it was announced at the ground breaking of the dealership, and Mercedes was present (not SmartUSA) \, and was leaked during an event for RV owners in Iowa awhile back.

And the 60 days are up. roughly 80 some days since the Rally now...Much like the 'Matter of days' announced in the rally in 2011 at the Dells... 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service