We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good to see this. People in MN would have liked to see this a lot sooner but business deals take whatever time they take to put together. 

Eric Angeloro said:

I am happy to report that the new smart center will be part of the new dealership being built in Rochester, MN which will be a relocation of the current Wausau, WI dealership. A formal press release and Scoop post to follow. Eg. article from March 31, 2012: http://postbulletin.typepad.com/kiger/2012/05/mercedes-dealership-c...

Jim VW said:

Agree'd it has NOT been announced by SmartUSA, but it was announced at the ground breaking of the dealership, and Mercedes was present (not SmartUSA) \, and was leaked during an event for RV owners in Iowa awhile back.

And the 60 days are up. roughly 80 some days since the Rally now...Much like the 'Matter of days' announced in the rally in 2011 at the Dells... 

Mike,

What part of the US are you in? If you're in the south east US send me a PM... I may be able to help you with the roof issue.

Mike Farrell said:

I have a 2008 Passion with 117,000 miles on it, my roof has crazed over the last 4 years. A month ago I noticed hairline cracks on the front edge and along both sides. My roof has begun leaking when it rains. I have sealed the cracks with silicone and that keeps the water out. Has anybody else had this problem and since it is out of warranty do I have any recourse with the dealer?

What is crazing?

They are talking about roof crazing, where the roof develops a lot of small cracks. I send to have been isolated to the 2008 passion coup, primarily

it affects cars through 2012...

Event organizers, please plug the 2013 SMART car National Convention and Car Show!

For those planning events between now and the Nationals next year, please talk up the Nationals, point people to the information on SCoA or smartusainsider.com and most important, please make sure they know they can get all the info on the Nationals and register at https://smartcarnatls.com/

Thanks for your support!

Hi everyone.  Well, today is the big day.  (I know, for me right now it is 3:54am.  It is a little late to be asking!)  I am going to pick up our smart fortwo passion coupe this morning, after waiting since 7/30.  Any advice on what to look for?  (On our '04 Sienna there were these rubber plugs that were supposed to be place in holes in the bottom of the frame during pre-delivery that I didn't find out about until I went on a forum...)  Thank you very much, and take care.

I don't know of anything special...

Just pick it up and drive!  That is the best thing for smart cars, driving them...

Thank You Eric.

Eric Angeloro said:

I am happy to report that the new smart center will be part of the new dealership being built in Rochester, MN which will be a relocation of the current Wausau, WI dealership. A formal press release and Scoop post to follow. Eg. article from March 31, 2012: http://postbulletin.typepad.com/kiger/2012/05/mercedes-dealership-c...

Hi all, it's been a while. Amy and I are currently staying at the 49er RV Ranch in Columbia, CA. We have seen a lot of smarts in this area which is surprising considering the remoteness of this area. With Amy at the wheel, she loves to drive fast on the curvy mountain roads. Some drivers appear stunned when she passes their bigger and more powerful car. She says these folks just don't know how to drive in the mountains. We look forward to seeing many of you in Westminster, CO next year.

Russ and I had a great discussion with Eric from the Corporate Smart office.  We came up with some great ideas for how Corporate Smart will add to the Smart Car National Convention and Car Show.  We are very excited about this event and are looking forward to all the input from the Smart Car community.  For those of you that aren't aware of this great event coming up, go to www.smartcarnatls.com for more information and to register.  We are expecting 500+ smart cars to show up, making this the largest gathering of smart cars in US history.  Lots of activities are planned for this convention.  Tech Talks, Vendor Booths, 4 drives, group photo at the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater, a banquet, a concert and much much more.  Come be a part of it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service