We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You might want to go over the owners manual - all your questions could have been answered by a little researching of that publication.

Johnny Paganelli said:

Dear Putt Putt

Question>>What kind of Gas is Called for this Vehicle 2013 Passion Coupe??

I tried the Paddles for shifting interesting when it comes to upshifting but when you start to decelerate then your using left paddle to downshift,,It became almost like why are my hands moving like im playing a piano Lol..I think i will keep in Auto and like somebody advised me little gas when it trying to shift into gears helped alot.

What year is yours It looks like mine Its WHITE HAS BLACK TRIM AND Brabus Wheels...The inside has all those speakers and 2 gauges on dash....i WILL POST SATURDAY PICS OF Car Named Rocky...

I talked to a Mercedes Benz Dealer the other day in Maplewood and was told a Smart Center will be Opening in April in Rochester. That's Good News!

Indeed!  Good news for the Minnesota smarties! 

Rochester in April... I am happy that they are FINALLY throwing us a bone.  More immediate is that my heater fan motor died today.  It was 3 degrees F on my commute in this morning and visibility through my windshield started to become sketchy.  This known defect IS a safety issue in places where it gets COLD!

I am a 55 year old cancer survivor that does not seem to have the flexibility that is necessary to climb under the dashboard and remove the fan.  I cannot simultaneously see and touch the fan.  I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with Mercedes Benz for having pulled the dealer from Minnesota, and now I feel ripped off because I purchased an extended warranty and I have no place to take it.

You may be able to have an independent repair shop replace or repair your blower motor.  You should be able to use your extended warranty for this repair.  Just have the repair facility contact the extended warranty provider and gain approval just has a dealership service department would do.

I am not a real happy Smart for Two owner right now!! I just took my Smart Car in for its 40,000 mile service at Mercedes of Oxnard.  The service was $575.00!!  I told the service manager that I was not driving a Mercedes..I mentioned that my milage had dropped to about 32 mpg around town.  He said that he would talk to the tech.  The service manager called me back and told me that the milage could be adjusted thru the turbo charger, but that the adjustment would be estimated at an additional $160.00!!  That is absolutely CRAZY!  If I am taking the car in for service and it is not operating properly, then that adjustment should be included in the service to begin with.  The fact that they gouged me $574 for the service and then had the gall to ask for an additional $160 for the adjustment is not the kind of treatment that I have come to expect from Smart USA.  The other services have run about $180 for the 10, 20 and 30 thousand mi services.  I think that I was taken advantage of!!

Steve said:

I am not a real happy Smart for Two owner right now!! I just took my Smart Car in for its 40,000 mile service at Mercedes of Oxnard.  The service was $575.00!!  I told the service manager that I was not driving a Mercedes..I mentioned that my milage had dropped to about 32 mpg around town.  He said that he would talk to the tech.  The service manager called me back and told me that the milage could be adjusted thru the turbo charger, but that the adjustment would be estimated at an additional $160.00!!  That is absolutely CRAZY!  If I am taking the car in for service and it is not operating properly, then that adjustment should be included in the service to begin with.  The fact that they gouged me $574 for the service and then had the gall to ask for an additional $160 for the adjustment is not the kind of treatment that I have come to expect from Smart USA.  The other services have run about $180 for the 10, 20 and 30 thousand mi services.  I think that I was taken advantage of!!

The 451 smarts in the USA do not have turbos on them, so I can only guess you might have a 450 or maybe  a model from outside the USA.

Or somebody did not really understand your car.... as Jim says, no USA 451 smart ever came from the factory with a turbo.  Unless you added a turbo kit at some point I'm not sure what they're talking about.

Jim VW said:

The 451 smarts in the USA do not have turbos on them, so I can only guess you might have a 450 or maybe  a model from outside the USA.

Hi, Steve. Please direct message us your contact information (email address and phone number). We'll have a customer service rep reach out to you.

Steve said:

Steve,

The 40,000 mile service is more detailed than the 10, 20 and 30K. Which means they are doing more than changing the oil, air filter and cabin filter, air in tires, etc.  You can go here: http://owners.smartusa.com/40_000_Miles_Four_Year.aspx to see what is included in the 40K service.  Wait until you get to the 60K, it ran $995.00 at our dealer.  Worth it to us because we were moving to another state and a good 2 hours from a dealer so wanted to be sure our smart was in good shape.  They did throw in a couple extras for us, maintenance wise, but we didn't expect them to fix other problems as part of the amount.

I hope smartUSA can answer your questions.  BTW: jwight and jimvw are right the 451 did not come with Turbo. Is yours a 450 or a 451?

WHY? I find the 70 hp more than adequate> I burn premium fuel that does not have ethanol mixed in & find it does make a difference. It is 100 percent gasoline. If you ask around you can still find stations that sell it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service