We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 17898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You haven't been watching. Dealership is scheduled for spring in Rochester MN A bit shorter drive for you. 

Thank you.

Jim VW said:

You haven't been watching. Dealership is scheduled for spring in Rochester MN A bit shorter drive for you. 

Why not brand them as 5th year celebrations?  The 451 smart has been on sale in the USA since January 2008; why ignore that fact?  Many smart centers have been open since then so it will be their fifth year also.  No harm in acknowledging that smarts were here prior to July 2011 IMHO.

Kamaal said:

There will be special events at certain smart centers later this year.  Details will be coming soon...  not necessarily branded as 5th year celebrations, but there will be parties/gatherings...

I agree they should be called 5th year celebrations.  Inviting back all owners & guests to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the 451 smart's being in the US would be a great way to reach out to those owners and possibly renew interest in the brand and maybe sales of new smart's to the current owners.  In turn it's a great opportunity to promote the 2013 Nationals. 

BTW they already have one couple planning to bring their smart from England and are discussing the same with a couple who is from Amsterdam. They are also planning workshops, a vendor area, group drives, a dinner and more activities that will make it more like a convention than a meet or rally.  Even something for Jetfuel and Barney and all of us is in the works.  Hopefully it will work out and then I or the planners can tell you more.   Don't you love suspense? :-)

jwight said:

Why not brand them as 5th year celebrations?  The 451 smart has been on sale in the USA since January 2008; why ignore that fact?  Many smart centers have been open since then so it will be their fifth year also.  No harm in acknowledging that smarts were here prior to July 2011 IMHO.
Kamaal said:

There will be special events at certain smart centers later this year.  Details will be coming soon...  not necessarily branded as 5th year celebrations, but there will be parties/gatherings...

Jim... that hasn't been announced by smartUSA/MBUSA... I would still assume we're waiting weeks, not months, or we're waiting within 60 days from the JUNE Red Wing rally to hear about our new dealer... 

We're all still waiting smartUSA. The ball has been in your court for quite sometime, time to pass it back to us.

Agree'd it has NOT been announced by SmartUSA, but it was announced at the ground breaking of the dealership, and Mercedes was present (not SmartUSA) \, and was leaked during an event for RV owners in Iowa awhile back.

And the 60 days are up. roughly 80 some days since the Rally now...Much like the 'Matter of days' announced in the rally in 2011 at the Dells... 

Interesting, maybe they'll come through with this. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference to me, my warranty will be up by the time they build this thing, Provided it ever does happen.

I put these things in the same perspective as the end of the world propecies.....gets everyone excited but nothing ever happens. Nostradamus, Y2K, armageddon, the rapture, smartUSA/MBUSA taking care of its customers,all failed prophecies. Besides smartUSA/MBUSA can promise a dealership by spring because they won't have to deliver. According to the Mayans there won't be a next spring.

Jim VW said:....... And the 60 days are up. roughly 80 some days since the Rally now...Much like the 'Matter of days' announced in the rally in 2011 at the Dells... 

Hey, I just got one and now they are going to change it? I like seeing other Smarts on the road and feel some conection like motorcyclists that give a low wave when they pass. Wonder if I will feel the same with the 45X? Its way to early to tell but the concept vehicle looks too wierd for me.

The 453 has been rumored since 2009.  Production version will be shown September 2013 at the Frankfurt Auto Show and sold as a 2014 model.

John Knoernschild said:

Hey, I just got one and now they are going to change it? I like seeing other Smarts on the road and feel some conection like motorcyclists that give a low wave when they pass. Wonder if I will feel the same with the 45X? Its way to early to tell but the concept vehicle looks too wierd for me.

How about if we start the rumor that the 453 will be introduced to the world at the Minnesota dealer?  Then if neither happen, no one will be surprised.

Good point :o)

Jim Gausman said:

How about if we start the rumor that the 453 will be introduced to the world at the Minnesota dealer?  Then if neither happen, no one will be surprised.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service