We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 17970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Mods,

How's about cleaning up the multitudinous duplicative posts in Scoop about the Nationals?  I can't get down to earlier posts.

Jim

I just have to figure which address to use, since it will be changing in about a month then again once we buy a house in Beaumont, TX.  I will get us registered very soon since I'm not going to change my mind about coming. 

Tia Glissmann said:

Russ and I had a great discussion with Eric from the Corporate Smart office.  We came up with some great ideas for how Corporate Smart will add to the Smart Car National Convention and Car Show.  We are very excited about this event and are looking forward to all the input from the Smart Car community.  For those of you that aren't aware of this great event coming up, go to www.smartcarnatls.com for more information and to register.  We are expecting 500+ smart cars to show up, making this the largest gathering of smart cars in US history.  Lots of activities are planned for this convention.  Tech Talks, Vendor Booths, 4 drives, group photo at the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater, a banquet, a concert and much much more.  Come be a part of it!

Yeah, better get us a current address!  Otherwise we'll just have to kick you out of the convention, can't have any smarties with bad addresses hanging around...  lol!  Jill, register when you have a chance, considering what you have going on I don't blame you for not getting around to registering.

I have an UltraGauge question, and I find the UG forum to be closed.  Therefore I turn here in desperation, knowing that many Smarties have installed the UG.

It was necessary for me to unplug little Munchkin's OBDII Cable to the UG.for a couple of hours yesterday while I revised the UG's mounting in Munchkin.  Window #1 had been installed at least a year ago with the factory default settings, and I left them as they came from the factory.  I had added a few items to Window #2 and Window #3.

When I plugged the OBDII cable back in yesterday, Window #1, originally on factory default, advised me that no selections have been installed.  To the contrary, Windows #2 and #3 remain as I had set them up.

QUESTION:  It is possible for me to set #1 back to the factory default easier and more quickly than struggling with the, for me, difficult process of resetting the items on it manually?

My apologies to all for not being able to put this question in the correct forum, but I am taking advantage, I hope, of Smarties who have always been so helpful to this non-mechanical person;.

Regards,

Jim Brown 

I have a ScangaugeII but it seems like they should have a way to reset back to the factory settings. 

You can download the manual and check out UG use videos here: http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/support.htm

You can go back to the original default gauges by going to Menu, then Gauge Menu and then Restore Default Gauges.

Jim and Ann Brown said:

I have an UltraGauge question, and I find the UG forum to be closed.  Therefore I turn here in desperation, knowing that many Smarties have installed the UG.

It was necessary for me to unplug little Munchkin's OBDII Cable to the UG.for a couple of hours yesterday while I revised the UG's mounting in Munchkin.  Window #1 had been installed at least a year ago with the factory default settings, and I left them as they came from the factory.  I had added a few items to Window #2 and Window #3.

When I plugged the OBDII cable back in yesterday, Window #1, originally on factory default, advised me that no selections have been installed.  To the contrary, Windows #2 and #3 remain as I had set them up.

QUESTION:  It is possible for me to set #1 back to the factory default easier and more quickly than struggling with the, for me, difficult process of resetting the items on it manually?

My apologies to all for not being able to put this question in the correct forum, but I am taking advantage, I hope, of Smarties who have always been so helpful to this non-mechanical person;.

Regards,

Jim Brown 

I was tempted to do this and then I became concerned about this perhaps returning #2 and #3 to blank (their default).  Even if it does, I will have less to enter into #2 and #3 than there would be to reenter the items on the #1 default.

You have toughened me up, just like yesterday when I took little Munchkin over to the Texas A&M campus to watch the intercollegiate rugby playoffs, and saw the T-shirt bearing the words:

NO HELMET

NO PADS

JUST *****

(I leave it to the reader to fill in the *****, at the same time saying that for the first time in my life I also saw intercollegiate female rugby.competition.  Tough gals -- made the third line on the T-shirt unneeded).

I will try the resetting the default gauges.  Tks agn,

Jim Brown

Any smart news from the LA Auto Show (other than the "smart forJeremy"...)?  Tomorrow's the final day and all I've seen so far is stuff on the winged electric drive - surely there must be something else newsworthy?

Check out the photos of the LA Auto Show on the So Cal Smarties websight.  Go to: www.meetup.com/socalsmarties.  Their is a Brabus on display with the new yellow panels as well as a new ED and an Iceshine.

How about this!  A perfect gift for any smart owner, registration to the 2013 smart car National Convention and Car show!

Can you believe it just a period caused a bad link.

Here's it without the period: http://www.meetup.com/socalsmarties

Even better here's a link to the photo album:

http://www.meetup.com/socalsmarties/photos/11984742

MJB

Robert Ricewasser said:

Check out the photos of the LA Auto Show on the So Cal Smarties websight.  Go to: www.meetup.com/socalsmarties.  Their is a Brabus on display with the new yellow panels as well as a new ED and an Iceshine.

Purchased 2013 Passion Smart,I never owned one is it normal when you drive you feel the shifts its kinda lunges each gear very strange unless you get used to that,.,,any thoughts??

Las Vegas

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.