I read at http://www.thestate.com/2012/03/07/2180787/hype-over-electric-cars-...

that Daimler is planning to be selling electric Smart for $21k. Is this going to be the going price in the US or in Europe? Or is the author of the article completely wrong?

Views: 1318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why are you waiting?

Matt Mullis said:

Here it is now, the first week of September and still NO info.  I did notice that today the "ED" page was updated on Smartusa.com however NO NEW INFO.

This is the exact opposite way you drive demand for a product.  There is nothing more frustrating for a consumer with cash in hand than to be left wanting. 

I don't know if anyone from Smart corporate even reads these posts but if they are reading....someone contact me and take my damn money.....otherwise another manufacturer will.  (yes, i'm looking at you Nissan).

Why am I waiting for what? A smart ev? Because I want one.  The Leaf is a fall-back option if no other suitable options present themselves. I thought thatwas pretty obvious....

The latest: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/17/smart-hopes-to-jump-start-brand-...

Official pricing will be released soon.

Here it is 9/18 and no definitive word on the "erectile dysfunction"...That sounds like it is still flaccid...Perhaps management could use a blue pill...

Matt Mullis said:

Here it is now, the first week of September and still NO info.  I did notice that today the "ED" page was updated on Smartusa.com however NO NEW INFO.

This is the exact opposite way you drive demand for a product.  There is nothing more frustrating for a consumer with cash in hand than to be left wanting. 

I don't know if anyone from Smart corporate even reads these posts but if they are reading....someone contact me and take my damn money.....otherwise another manufacturer will.  (yes, i'm looking at you Nissan).

Don't give up your day job...

Robert Stout said:

Here it is 9/18 and no definitive word on the "erectile dysfunction"...That sounds like it is still flaccid...Perhaps management could use a blue pill...

Matt Mullis said:

Gossip time is over. We released the price (starts at $17,500 with federal tax rebate) of the electric drive , which we posted in the Scoop. You should also check out this great article from Engadget: http://smart.cr/UH8p5Z.

There has been some speculation on SCoA that smartUSA is using a battery lease (like the Euro EV) and that's why the US pricing is so attractive. Can smartUSA confirm that the pricing provided is the full purchase price and that there are no additional recurring charges for leasing the battery pack?

Hey, xcapepod. There are no additional charges for leasing a battery pack. "Batteries included."

That was my belief, but it's always nice to hear it from the source to silence the naysayers. Actually, it might be a good idea to spell that out on the smartusa.com EV page just to avoid any confusion with the Euro model.

I'll be very interested in the final range figures on the EV. Looking good!

sUSAi Admin said:

Hey, xcapepod. There are no additional charges for leasing a battery pack. "Batteries included."

I'm grateful for the pricing info but where are the rest of the details?? How about availability dates? How about order dates? How about a build-your-own configurator?? How about available options and/or pricing?? 

@Matt

The electric drive will be available in Spring 2013. Right now you can pre-register on our website: http://www.smartusa.com/models/electric-drive/overview.aspx. As soon as BYO is up on the site, we'll post an update here to let everyone know.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service