I read at http://www.thestate.com/2012/03/07/2180787/hype-over-electric-cars-...

that Daimler is planning to be selling electric Smart for $21k. Is this going to be the going price in the US or in Europe? Or is the author of the article completely wrong?

Views: 1295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

100lbft should make for a much better hill Climb experience.

you are correct sir

jwight said:

Based on a discussion concerning the electric drive range, it appears the range is a tradeoff with top speed and acceleration.  Eric can probably elaborate but that seems to be the gist of it.  

Is this something that will be available worldwide in spring or just the US?  I may be transfering to Australia in a few months and  want to know about availability in other markets. 

Also, an online build configurator would be real nice.....

Google smart electric drive Australia; apparently there are no firm plans to sell it there - at the moment.  After bugging smart USA for months on this car now you're not going to buy one from them...?

Matt Mullis said:

Is this something that will be available worldwide in spring or just the US?  I may be transfering to Australia in a few months and  want to know about availability in other markets. 

Also, an online build configurator would be real nice.....

i should buy one in the u.s. and then let it sit there unused? ive been waiting years for an ev like this. cant fault me for accepting a job transfer. i'd be more than happy to buy one as soon as its available in aus. my intent hasnt changed, only my location.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service