I have tried to reset the "wrench" indicator and maintenance mileage without success does anyone know how?

Views: 430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found these instructions. They might help.

For the DIY oil change, to reset the service indicator:-

1. Switch on ignition. (But do not start car!)
2. Select maintenance indicator (so it's in the display) within the first 4 seconds.
3. Switch off the ignition within the display period of 10 seconds. (Maintenance should remain in the display).
4. Push the service button (button on the left of the cluster) and hold it while you switch the ignition on.
5. Hold the service button depressed for another 10 seconds. After that the oil change interval display is reset.
6. After completing this task, the display shows the remaining distance (startup distance) for the next maintenance interval.

NOTE>>>>>>you must get the 2nd step at 2 seconds, shut off and at 2 seconds turn back on while holding the reset button and continue to hold in until wrenches dissapper then shut off

Marvin,

Did this work when you attempted it?

Mary

Marvin Shavers said:

I found these instructions. They might help.

For the DIY oil change, to reset the service indicator:-

1. Switch on ignition. (But do not start car!)
2. Select maintenance indicator (so it's in the display) within the first 4 seconds.
3. Switch off the ignition within the display period of 10 seconds. (Maintenance should remain in the display).
4. Push the service button (button on the left of the cluster) and hold it while you switch the ignition on.
5. Hold the service button depressed for another 10 seconds. After that the oil change interval display is reset.
6. After completing this task, the display shows the remaining distance (startup distance) for the next maintenance interval.

NOTE>>>>>>you must get the 2nd step at 2 seconds, shut off and at 2 seconds turn back on while holding the reset button and continue to hold in until wrenches dissapper then shut off

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service