JUNK smart has no truth!!! they lie or just don't care!!!!!!

I loved smart, bought one of the 1st.  It now has 22,000 miles and because the aircleaner was poorly desinged my engine is trash!!!!Trash dirt scorred the cilinder walls and it runs(badley) on 2 cylinders.  Smart does not make pistons to repair the Trashed  engine  The cure $$12,000 for a new engine or (get this, the home office in NJ said, go to junk yard and mabe buy a used engine)

Dennis

Views: 838

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dennis, 

From a previous message of yours it seems your smart is a diesel you brought over from Canada?  Is that correct?  I just want to make sure I understand which model you have.  May I ask you to send me a personal message or reply to our last personal message exchange with the VIN when you can?  Thanks Dennis.

Eric

Dennis Daly said:

Hi Eric

I called Smartcar, they passed me off to Arash, that doesn't call back.  I thought I did respond to you?   I have not talked to a Customer Service team??

This  whole thing is, you do not make oversize pistons??  Chris the old SM told me you were having problems with Smarts that drive on dirt roads??  MY ranch is 10 miles up a gravel road and 1 mile up a dirt driveway. With many Tractors, combines, ect. I know the importance of air cleaners and replace them.

After my $678 service , they told me that they had replaced other engines like mine that had lost compression because of dirt.  They could not rebuild it becuse there were no oversized pistons
.  I brought home my 2 cyl. JUNKER.  I let my farm mechanic look at the engine, he pulled the plugs and put oil in each cyl., It smoked alot on 2 of the cyl. even with a new plug it would not fire on #1

If I bought a new Mercedes and the engine went bad at 22,000 miles I don't think they would tell me to go buy a junk engine replacement.  If a service advisory did not go out to owners about  aircleaner replacement intervals it should have, because apparently the dealers knew.

I grewup in CA. Raced, Built engines and ran dynos.  I wasn't always a dirt farmer.  We took great care of this car, It should have lasted more than 22,000 miles!!!!????

Eric Angeloro said:

Dennis, 
If you can reply to our direct message exchange earlier this week, I would like to research further and hear from you the latest in terms of our reach-outs to you from our Customer Service team and what was discussed. I want to make sure the proper solution is found for you and should there be an underlying issue with the design that we pass along to our engineers to investigate and or shed some light on this.  We also want to make sure the correct components are used to repair your vehicle so to best avoid this in the future.

Thanks

Eric

WOW!  All bets are off, Dennis - the diesel version of the smart (if this is the car you are describing in your posts) was never imported into the USA by Mercedes-Benz USA or Daimler AG.  You would be much better off trying to find a Canadian source to handle this problem; smart USA, in its present incarnation or under the Penske Auto Group, had nothing to do with bringing diesel smarts into the USA.  Would have been nice to have mentioned this minor detail in your original post...

If you can't read why would I wast Time answering  you

jwight said:

WOW!  All bets are off, Dennis - the diesel version of the smart (if this is the car you are describing in your posts) was never imported into the USA by Mercedes-Benz USA or Daimler AG.  You would be much better off trying to find a Canadian source to handle this problem; smart USA, in its present incarnation or under the Penske Auto Group, had nothing to do with bringing diesel smarts into the USA.  Would have been nice to have mentioned this minor detail in your original post...

Plenty of Time [sic] wasted on this thread already....If your car is not a diesel, then there's been some super miscommunication with smart USA/DVI.  My apologies for misconstruing a previous post, hope you get things worked out.

Eric Angeloro said:

Dennis, 

From a previous message of yours it seems your smart is a diesel you brought over from Canada?  Is that correct?  I just want to make sure I understand which model you have.  May I ask you to send me a personal message or reply to our last personal message exchange with the VIN when you can?  Thanks Dennis.

Eric

Dennis Daly said:

Hi Eric

I called Smartcar, they passed me off to Arash, that doesn't call back.  I thought I did respond to you?   I have not talked to a Customer Service team??

This  whole thing is, you do not make oversize pistons??  Chris the old SM told me you were having problems with Smarts that drive on dirt roads??  MY ranch is 10 miles up a gravel road and 1 mile up a dirt driveway. With many Tractors, combines, ect. I know the importance of air cleaners and replace them.

After my $678 service , they told me that they had replaced other engines like mine that had lost compression because of dirt.  They could not rebuild it becuse there were no oversized pistons
.  I brought home my 2 cyl. JUNKER.  I let my farm mechanic look at the engine, he pulled the plugs and put oil in each cyl., It smoked alot on 2 of the cyl. even with a new plug it would not fire on #1

If I bought a new Mercedes and the engine went bad at 22,000 miles I don't think they would tell me to go buy a junk engine replacement.  If a service advisory did not go out to owners about  aircleaner replacement intervals it should have, because apparently the dealers knew.

I grewup in CA. Raced, Built engines and ran dynos.  I wasn't always a dirt farmer.  We took great care of this car, It should have lasted more than 22,000 miles!!!!????

Eric Angeloro said:

Dennis, 
If you can reply to our direct message exchange earlier this week, I would like to research further and hear from you the latest in terms of our reach-outs to you from our Customer Service team and what was discussed. I want to make sure the proper solution is found for you and should there be an underlying issue with the design that we pass along to our engineers to investigate and or shed some light on this.  We also want to make sure the correct components are used to repair your vehicle so to best avoid this in the future.

Thanks

Eric

10 YEARS AGO, I LOVED SMARTCAR SO MUCH, I TRYED TO GET ONE OUT OF CANADA

DID NOT ( WISH I HAD) BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now own JUNK and a CO that can't READ  MY  Vin # wmeej31x08k191677 and still JUNK

jwight said:

Plenty of Time [sic] wasted on this thread already....If your car is not a diesel, then there's been some super miscommunication with smart USA/DVI.  My apologies for misconstruing a previous post, hope you get things worked out.
Eric Angeloro said:

Dennis, 

Eric

Dennis Daly said:

Hi Eric

After my $678 service , they told me that they had replaced other engines like mine that had lost compression because of dirt.  They could not rebuild it becuse there were no oversized pistons .  I brought home my 2 cyl. JUNKER.  I let my farm mechanic look at the engine, he pulled the plugs and put oil in each cyl., It smoked alot on 2 of the cyl. even with a new plug it would not fire on #1

Eric Angeloro said:

Dennis,  If you can reply to our direct message exchange earlier this week, I would like to research further and hear from you the latest in terms of our reach-outs to you from our Customer Service team and what was discussed. I want to make sure the proper solution is found for you and should there be an underlying issue with the design that we pass along to our engineers to investigate and or shed some light on this.  We also want to make sure the correct components are used to repair your vehicle so to best avoid this in the future.

Thanks

Eric

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos