I am having trouble resetting the Maintenance Service Interval Display..Mine shows 1 blinking wrench..I changed the motor oil and filter and want to reset it..The Operator's Manual tells you how to do it, but it does not work for me..Any suggestions?

Views: 720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The oil does not have to come from Mercedes, nor do they have to do the maintenance.  As long as you use name brand full synthetic oils and the appropriate oil filters you're OK.  A lot of folks prefer Mobil 1 for both but there are other acceptable oils and filters.  Just record when the service was done and what was used so you'll have a complete service history.

Nancy Gale said:

We love our little car! Got it cause when we go camping, it fits in the trailer with our bikes perfectly! So if it rains we're not stuck! Didn't know when we got it though that oil had to come from Mercedes!! Oh well! Ya can't take it with ya!!:)

hi jwight, does that apply to the 2013's that are under warranty? I was going to perform the maintenance myself but it looks like it will probably only be once a year for us, so I will need to get a state inspection anyway.This is probably a better question for my sales person, but what do you know about the prepaid maintenance program?

Thanks!

John K.

Yes, talk to the smart center about prepaid maintenance - it's a Mercedes thing I'm not familiar with.

As far as DIY maintenance/service, that would be OK for a car under warranty - just keep good records on what you've done.  Personally, I would not do anything involving the smart's computer system, just the routine service tasks smart USA mentions on the owner DIY page: http://owners.smartusa.com/Do_It_Yourself.aspx

John Knoernschild said:

hi jwight, does that apply to the 2013's that are under warranty? I was going to perform the maintenance myself but it looks like it will probably only be once a year for us, so I will need to get a state inspection anyway.This is probably a better question for my sales person, but what do you know about the prepaid maintenance program?

Thanks!

John K.

Ok, that's what our mechanic found when doing his research for the car. He also had the manual I printed out to go by. But he couldn't get that wrench to turn  off either! I did!! Ha and I am by NO means a mechanic!1 He's not a Smart car mechanic either though. Learning experience for us all. Thanks for the tip! We do keep good records whether for the car, my car, the truck, our bikes or the RV's. It's a MUST!!! Appreciate the info!! Nancy  P.S. Anyone know of someone looking for a great used RV??? 2 is 1 too many!

jwight said:

The oil does not have to come from Mercedes, nor do they have to do the maintenance.  As long as you use name brand full synthetic oils and the appropriate oil filters you're OK.  A lot of folks prefer Mobil 1 for both but there are other acceptable oils and filters.  Just record when the service was done and what was used so you'll have a complete service history.

Nancy Gale said:

We love our little car! Got it cause when we go camping, it fits in the trailer with our bikes perfectly! So if it rains we're not stuck! Didn't know when we got it though that oil had to come from Mercedes!! Oh well! Ya can't take it with ya!!:)

@rallyredy2kx Please try the follow steps and let us know if it works:

1. Switch on ignition to position 1 (do not start car)

2. Select maintenance indicator display within the first 4 seconds or so with the left button.

3. Switch off the ignition and the maintenance should remain in the display.

4. Push the service button (left button) and hold it down while you switch the ignition on.

5. Keep holding the service button depressed and you will see the maintenance interval show.

6. The display now shows the remaining distance until the next maintenance interval.

Many thanks .... This worked on the first try. I sincerely appreciate the time that you took to help me out. Again, thank you, Dave

What does the owners manual say?

gary schlossnagle said:

I leased a 2013 Electric smart December 6, 2013. Now it is giving me the 30 day wrench.  Are the instructions for the electric maintenance minder the same as for the gas?  Anyone reset their electric maintenance minder yet?

gary schlossnagle said:

I leased a 2013 Electric smart December 6, 2013. Now it is giving me the 30 day wrench.  Are the instructions for the electric maintenance minder the same as for the gas?  Anyone reset their electric maintenance minder yet?

i've had my ED for 5 months and dont remember ever getting the wrench, last time i saw it was on my gas smart.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service