I am having trouble resetting the Maintenance Service Interval Display..Mine shows 1 blinking wrench..I changed the motor oil and filter and want to reset it..The Operator's Manual tells you how to do it, but it does not work for me..Any suggestions?

Views: 697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go to www.smartcarofamerica.com and do a search on how to reset the maintenance indicator. It is difficult and timing is important. Many have found that most of the instructions do not work and have come up with some variations. It takes multiple attempts to get the light to re-set in most cases. Some dealers will re-set it for free and others want you to pay for them to do another oil change & filter before they will re-set the indicator. The process is frustrating.
We have made this issue almost a voodoo ritual because it is So mysterious and perplexing it "must" be voodoo... Just try it a couple of times in sequence and walk away before you frustrate yourself too much. It took me numerous times 20+ to finally do it right and for the life of me I cannot for sure tell you just HOW I did it. Timing IS probably the most crucial thing.. well patience is up there too. Good luck and may the force be with you LOL

Oh by the way you must do a victory dance around the car twice to thank the smart!
If you want to contact me directly I will walk you through it on the phone so it does not frustrate you to the point of pulling your hair out. Jon Monroe Brand Mgr 518-785-4197 ext 501.
After giving up for a couple of months and many, many attempts before that, I finally got my maintenance reminder reset yesterday with the help of Jon Monroe on the phone. Thank you so much Jon.
Thankyou John...I finally got it to reset...It took numerous attempts, but it finally worked on day -15...Thankyou for your helpful tip..

smart center Latham said:
If you want to contact me directly I will walk you through it on the phone so it does not frustrate you to the point of pulling your hair out. Jon Monroe Brand Mgr 518-785-4197 ext 501.
I finally got it to reset...It took numerous attempts, but it finally worked on day -15..

Larry said:
After giving up for a couple of months and many, many attempts before that, I finally got my maintenance reminder reset yesterday with the help of Jon Monroe on the phone. Thank you so much Jon.
I finally got it to reset...It took numerous attempts, but it finally worked on day -15...Thankyou for your helpful tip..I used Method #1.

Forest said:
I finally got it to reset...It took numerous attempts, but it finally worked on day -15...Definetly Voodoo..

SATO said:
We have made this issue almost a voodoo ritual because it is So mysterious and perplexing it "must" be voodoo... Just try it a couple of times in sequence and walk away before you frustrate yourself too much. It took me numerous times 20+ to finally do it right and for the life of me I cannot for sure tell you just HOW I did it. Timing IS probably the most crucial thing.. well patience is up there too. Good luck and may the force be with you LOL

Oh by the way you must do a victory dance around the car twice to thank the smart!
Hey BillyJets, did you ever get the wrench to reset ?

:)

hadda say it.....
I'm bumping this to remove the VERY annoying spam on this site.
I finally got it to reset...It took numerous attempts, but it finally worked on day -15...

Mud Pie said:
Hey BillyJets, did you ever get the wrench to reset ?

:)

hadda say it.....
The instructions have NEVER worked for me either!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service