More video of the new 453 smart fortwo (and a peek at the new forfour)

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rumor is that the new Smart will not come in a Cabriolet, because of the expense of making a convertible.

That's a new one.....had not heard that before.

Yea, I heard this from the Mercedes dealer that I bought my Smart from.

Could be a cost saving measure; although the cabrios are popular in North America I'm not sure how well they sell in other markets.  If it turns out there will be no cabrio offered, just add that to the list of the mild turbo engine option and the "real" BRABUS we won't see here. Not encouraging IMHO.

It will make the cabriolet worth more for the owners that already own one. So those who own one need to hold on to them.

Well, there goes any chance of me buying one. I have to have a cabrio. 

Well, get one now! I have a 2013 cabriolet, and I love it. Do remember this is a rumor it's not written in stone. Hopefully they will continue to make the cabriolet in the future. We will just have to wait and find out :)

According to this interview with Dr. Annette Winkler, smart CEO, in WhatCar? magazine, the cabrio will be offered (and hopefully in North America....): "The new Smart will be offered in Coupe and Cabriolet variants, and will come with both conventional and electric powertrains."

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-smart-fortwo-agile-ever/1283717

Sherri said:

Well, get one now! I have a 2013 cabriolet, and I love it. Do remember this is a rumor it's not written in stone. Hopefully they will continue to make the cabriolet in the future. We will just have to wait and find out :)
That is good news for those who want the new Smart in a Cabriolet. That being said, The question remains to be answered, if the Cabriolet will be sold in North America. The safety requirements are different.

Thanks for the article on the new Smart.

Just guessing but the Mercedes/smart engineers were able to get the 451 Cabrio certified for North America; don't think they'll have a problem with the 453 version.

Sherri said:

That is good news for those who want the new Smart in a Cabriolet. That being said, The question remains to be answered, if the Cabriolet will be sold in North America. The safety requirements are different.

Thanks for the article on the new Smart.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service