Has anyone taken the rag top through a car wash?  I've been doing the no water wash, and it takes a lot of time and effort.  I'd like to go through a car wash, but seeing as the wind whistles through I'm wondering if water will too.

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've had my cabrio for 19 months and take it to a car wash once a month. Never had any problem at all.
Thanks! I think I'm going to give it a try . . .

Carol Thompson said:
I've had my cabrio for 19 months and take it to a car wash once a month. Never had any problem at all.
Actually, I was told never to take my smartie through an automatic car wash. The brushes are not sized right and could cause damage, especially to the antennea. I take mine to a hand car wash, and even though they use several high powered hoses, I have never had any water come in to the car!
I think that the main problem with taking your cabrio through a car wash is that the detergent isn't good for the fabric. For ten years, I've hand washed my BMW Z3, never putting soap on the fabric top - just cleaning it with clear water, then blotting it dry with towels before drying the rest of the car. All I'm saying is that the top still looks new.
My cabrio is over two years old. I bring it through a car wash about every three weeks. When I wash it myself, I use a mild detergent on the fabric with a medium bristle brush. The top looks great.

MikeB said:
I think that the main problem with taking your cabrio through a car wash is that the detergent isn't good for the fabric. For ten years, I've hand washed my BMW Z3, never putting soap on the fabric top - just cleaning it with clear water, then blotting it dry with towels before drying the rest of the car. All I'm saying is that the top still looks new.
Fred said:
My cabrio is over two years old. I bring it through a car wash about every three weeks. When I wash it myself, I use a mild detergent on the fabric with a medium bristle brush. The top looks great.

MikeB said:
I'd love to hand wash my cabrio, but I live in an appartment/condo. No hose!
I'm just concerned about the water getting in where the roof meets the car.
Thanks all!
roe

Roe DeVasto said:
Fred said:

MikeB said:
Wash mine weekly through a touch-less car wash. A little water blew in the first time or two, but never again since. go figure. I guess the top settled in. This top design does seem to be marvelously tight.
I still have to address the BRAKE DUST issue on the Brabus rims.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service