Drove the imaged Passion Coupe with DCT (my desire is a 5-speed manual) and I must admit it was significantly improved over my 2008 Passion.  899cc turbo had plenty of get up and go and the suspension handled well, felt stable and planted.  Looking forward to trying a 5-speed when they get one in.

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey MaineFortwo,

Your next-nearest smart dealer in Lynnfield, MA has multiple 5-speed passions available right now, with test drives by appointment. Maine's 2 manual cars are still in France at the moment, both silver without heated seats. Lynnfield has a silver with heated seats/Panoramic roof/JBL sound system, or an Orange, or a White available now with more on the way. Come try it out the stick shift!  

(Lynnfield has a 5-speed manual Prime as well!) 

Thanks for the tip Dan, I actually purchased my 2008 Passion Coupe from the Smart Center in Lynnfield and I will keep that in mind if the swap Scarborough is working on does not happen soon.

I also forgot to mention the "party piece" at the end of my test drive was cranking the wheel to the left and trying the new turning radius.  It was insane and it almost felt like the car pivoted on its own axis, which will make maneuvering in traffic and parking a breeze!

Smart addressed all the performance issues needing improvement; with better transmission, greater suspension travel, and stronger engine....Sales will increase......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service