problems with my smart! owners be on the lookout!

I bought my 09 blue smart passion convertible back in January of 2010 with 6oo miles on it. IT had never been titled , It was used as a marketing display in Arizona.. I love the car but after having the car for only 6 months its been nothing but problems! I need to let everyone who wants or owns a smart My problems with the car! I'm Venting ,yes!

*PROBLEMS*

1- oil leak- had to reseal oil pan

2-water in headlight- replaced headlight

3- door hinge popping- replaced hinge

4-head liner loose- reattached head liner

5 -convertible top leaking when rains- said they fixed it

6-oil leak again- put in dye to find leak and after 45 days in the shop REPLACED MOTOR!!!

7- oil leak again- replaced crank seals

8-oil leak again- tightened oil pan bolts

9- emergency brake not working- adjusted cable

10- radio sounds bad- dealer says it’s a cheap car with a cheap stereo SORRY

Now let me inform you on what still has a problem

1- oil still leaking even after 5 attemps to fix it!

2- convertible top leaking when it rains

3-stereo still sounds awful

4-bumper bolt stripped and rusting due to bad removal, don't know why they would remove the rear bumper but hey Smart had a chevy dealer replace the motor.  The Smart mechanic could not replace it!

Conclusion- SMART USA states as long as it has warranty they will fix it but they have no compassion about my time, gas spent driving to dealership, or my aggravation.........

This is TN lemon laws from the TN gov. site.

Tennessee

-Any motor vehicle not including motorized bicycles, motor homes, recreational vehicles or off-road vehicles and vehicles over 10,000 pounds GVW.

-4 repair attempts or 30 calendar days out of service

Warranty period or 1 year.

I hope something can be done before i can't take it no more and i have to trade the car!

Views: 839

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hope you also let smart USA know the situation and eventual resolution as well.

Tony said:
i agree 100% and i let the dealership in both cities know how i felt. very happy now and glad i moved from TN.

Reed Lewis said:
You did not have a crappy car, you had a very crappy dealer.

Tony said:
ok ok moved to miami now and let the guys at smart of weston take a look! what a differrance, oil pan resealed, convertable top readjusted (no more leaks), messed up bolt replaced, speakers replace (all), car cleaned and full of gas! now thats what i call service! i have my toy back!!!!!
with minor issues they are ok but anything major i would be concerned. Jeff Grossman is great but i feel that there mechanic is not up to par for the reason that i have let you know about! i have had no issues as of now with the repairs that my Miami dealer has done but it took numerous times in the Nashville dealer. good luck and hope you have no major issues.
Well after all the attemps to fix my 09 Smart decided to end the headache and replace my Smart with a brand new 2010 yellow convertable. I hope that i never have to deal with a problem car like that again. Thank you Smart for doing the right thing. i love my new one!!
Attachments:
May your bumble bee be problem free

Tony said:
Well after all the attemps to fix my 09 Smart decided to end the headache and replace my Smart with a brand new 2010 yellow convertable. I hope that i never have to deal with a problem car like that again. Thank you Smart for doing the right thing. i love my new one!!
thanks- a love the yellow one even more. i thought the blue got attention, i was wrong. love the car again.

Richard Baker said:
May your bumble bee be problem free

Tony said:

Try adding Wings to your yellow and see how much attention it gets.
Tony said:
thanks- a love the yellow one even more. i thought the blue got attention, i was wrong. love the car again.
I have one of the first 2009 Passions for almost 2 years now... I have had absolutely no problems or defects with it...It must be secretly built by Honda...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service