Anyone have an issue with the rear window, on the passenger side in particular, holding water? It's holding the water in the black plastic component at the top and only runs out when the window is fully raised, difficult to get it all out and stays in there for days after a rain.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There have been some issues like this as well as leakage through the backwindow. I would return to the dealership service department and have them address this concern. Usually, the rear window is replaced and reset to correct this condition.
That's it!! Thanks!
Hello Angry, I have had my Smart for a year and have had that problem of water running inside when the rear window was raised. I thought it was just the way it is until I parked next to another Smart and asked it's owner if he had the same problem as well and he answered "no". I taking my Smart to the dealer tomorow. I found out there are a lot of problems with the rear window.

Lonnie
Lonnie: i also had the same issue. Knew something was wrong with mine when i noticed not only the water sloshing around when i opened the liftglass, but i'd see water running down the inside of the glass if i washed it. Took it to the dealer (Devon), and they ordered a replacement. Apparently it took so long to come in, that they called me and told me it was in, and then just used one of the assemblies from one of the other cars on the lot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service