Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can see the battery is up front on the Twingo (and I assume the new forfour.) Now the question is will it move up front in the new fortwo or stay under the carpet inside the cabin?

Yeah it's a good question. We shall see. Since the 453 will remain 8'.8" it may return to the pass. footwell.  We are getting a 6spd manual and a dual-clutch option which will be amazing. Still fond of the smartshift though. 

E

Agree - doesn't look like there's any additional space between the base of the windshield and the front of the car.  I'm happy with the current transmission also, but the new dual clutch sounds like a nice improvement (assuming it doesn't have the problems some other makers have had with theirs.)  Any word on the 105 hp BRABUS for the USA?

Eric Angeloro - smart USA said:

Yeah it's a good question. We shall see. Since the 453 will remain 8'.8" it may return to the pass. footwell.  We are getting a 6spd manual and a dual-clutch option which will be amazing. Still fond of the smartshift though. 

E

Right now no 105hp BRABUS for U.S. There were discussions around bringing the pulse as a sporty option. Our dual-clutch should prove more reliable and we're getting it a quite an affordable price when factored in as an option on the passions. 

E

Hi, Eric,

Why did they decide NOT to bring the 105 hp Brabus to the States, do you know?

Are you going to come to Jimmy's Bash on the Bridge in Lake Havasu in September?  Inquiring minds want to know.:)

Hi Carol, 

Not sure exactly, but usually comes down to $$$ and certifying the vehicle for sale in our country. It's not the easiest or cheapest.  

I am inquiring : )

I am mystified by the decision not to bring the forfour and the 453 BRABUS into the USA (assuming that is the final decision...)  Mercedes-Benz can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars getting an entire line of cars and engines certified here, but can't see their way clear to get three smart models certified?  We see a new Mercedes ad almost every night on some TV channel, yet next to nothing for the smart.  When Penske Auto Group was importing the smart one could understand the decision to keep investment to a minimum, but now that Mercedes-Benz has the smart the seeming lack of commitment and enthusiasm at the corporate level is downright baffling.  Fiat and MINI have gone full speed on four door models and smart has the opportunity to take them on with the new forfour, but apparently has no interest in doing so.  Same with the 453 BRABUS; smart desperately needs a halo car in the USA and the 453 BRABUS would be that car, yet again the powers that be seem totally uninterested. At this point I think the smart owner community really has to question the commitment of M-B USA to growing and supporting the smart brand in the USA.

Although I'm excited to see Renault and Mercedes-Benz collaborate on the new ForTwo, I am also bummed about the decision to NOT sell the ForFour in the USA.  Mercedes-Benz is not interested in selling the A Class here either.  I hope Smart USA reconsiders this decision.  Fiat 500 has been selling very well here.  I will look into buying the new Smart when it goes on sale, but I have really been hoping for a four door.  If Renault decides to sell the Twingo in the USA I will be switching brands in a heartbeat! 

I hear you both. I would love to see all of these models make our shores. There are a lot of factors, some of which I am not privy to, that I know support the reasons why not. I can tell you that Daimler has shared with us recently that a whole lot of money was invested into the development of the U.S. spec 453 fortwo so the company is behind the product in that respect. The pressure is on us here and will be with the 453 because of that fact. The brand is holding strong here in our market and I look forward to a long awaited new product to kick this brand into high gear. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service