Last week, we were surprised to hear that at headquarters that we have received a smart electric bike.  A couple of us on the smart team took the electric bike out for a spin, and we wanted to share with everyone some pictures.  We are right now waiting for more details about the bike in the US and if it will be offered.  Overall review from us was two thumbs up and packed with fun.  

A question to everyone, would you be interested in the smart electric bike?  How would you use it as well (commute, leisure, etc.)?  We would love to hear from you.  

We wanted to share the pictures of the smart electric bike and his bigger brother the all-new electric drive.  

Enjoy!

Views: 776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Price?  That's what will determine if the eBike stands a chance in the U.S.

Totally agree with you.  We are still working on pricing. 

What would you suggest for pricing?

No idea - off the top of my head I'd say less than a gas powered scooter for sure.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Did some searching - the eBike in Europe was priced at 2,849 Euros when it was released; that included 17% VAT.  Subtract out the VAT, ignore the exchange rate and the eBike might be priced at around $2K - $2.3K.  This article says the top price for other eBikes in the U.S. right now is $3K: http://www.treehugger.com/bikes/the-350-electric-commuter-bike.html

Thanks so much for the research.  Fingers crossed that it is competitive. 

I would not pay more that $350. And it must be local for no delivery fees.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service