By now, you’ve seen the new smart forstars concept vehicle: http://smart.cr/UWrgMn. What are your thoughts on the car? Which attributes speak to you?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the movie projector idea is brilliant for a concept. Everyone else has been adding cameras to their cars, it's a very clever twist to turn that around and add a projector to the smart.

Otherwise, I like the previous concepts much better (for vision, for speed). This one (forstars) and the "for us" pickup seem like a larger take on the theme, better suited to the upcoming forfour.

The two-box design of these two concepts seems to resemble the mini more than the fortwo's one-box design.

If this represents a future direction for a third line, after the fortwo & forfour, that seems like it might be a good idea as long as smart doesn't over-extend itself, perhaps starting another manufacturing line for the larger vehicles in US, Canada or Mexico. They would probably sell here; for cars in the NA market, unlike bodies in Hollywood you can't be too fat or too expensive.

I'm keeping an open mind and looking forward to the new forfour, but neither of these (forstars and the "for us" pickup) appeal to me as much. I'm hoping that the forfour looks more like a one-box design than a two-box. If either of these two later concepts reach the market, they will fill out the line nicely for buyers who like or need this sort of thing. Hopefully smart will not go fully down mini's path to the bloated extremes of the Countryman.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service