My life is happier with the smart fortwo, just seeing faces brighten, smiles break out as I approach. My car is all black so the smiley face doesn't show up as much on the front, but people still smile when they see it coming. I get tickled at how excited some of the younger men get over the fortwo. My partner in crime responded to two older ladies as to what kind it was by telling them it was the new Lincoln Towncar. The older of the two said it is not, I have one!
You certainly meet more friendly people!

Tags: friendly, happy., life, smart

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've owned a lot of cars- I've never been approached by so many people who want to know about my car or who just wave, smile, and give a thumbs up (yes, thumb!). Little kids shout "smart car!". Cute girls smile and wave. Old men say "I wouldn't want to get hit by a truck in that" and I agree with them that niether would I. Not in a smart or anything else. It's a car and a whole lot more.
Yea.... even the insurance claims adjuster who came out to look at the damage one of their insured drivers did to my car was asking me questions about it, cause it's the first one they've done. stupid people in a hurry to go nowhere.... or drunk.
yes, I hated that for you. Is it fixed yet?

Ryan said:
Yea.... even the insurance claims adjuster who came out to look at the damage one of their insured drivers did to my car was asking me questions about it, cause it's the first one they've done. stupid people in a hurry to go nowhere.... or drunk.
We loved the car so much we started a company dedicated to the smart, then purchased a second one and then a third!

Besides my '66 mini wagon this is car has given us more positive experiences than any other car we have ever owned.
Zippin: no, not yet sadly. Got a call monday morning from one guy at the other person's insurance company saying that i'd be hearing from the person who came out for the estimate either sometime monday or tuesday... but haven't heard anything. Probably gonna call them back on Monday, or try calling Cavallo Auto Body to see if anyone there heard from them. I don't even know why they had someone come out to estimate it.... since if their estimate is too low to bring my car back to like-new condition, they're still going to pay out to make it like new.

Would have been much easier if a) the idiot that hit me filed the report to his auto insurance company himself, and/or b) if he had a better insurance company than Cure auto insurance.
If the likes of Litl Devil's owner, Larry and Turbo 42 on the scoa website, and Matt Boesch of Genius! continue to feed the aftermarket fodder, who know's what the future may bring. I expect a true hybrid will be forthcoming better than anything else presently available due to it's lightness and sophisted safety systems. Rich

Kevin Heran said:
It's actually amazing that a little rather unknown (at least in the States) car can establish a cult following so quickly. I was a little too young to enjoy the VW bugs and what they became .
The smarts seem to have their own personality and/or soul. Not too many cars have that today.
Dang, Ryan! It seems forever ago that I read about your hit and run! I would be more than a little steamed to have to forego my fortwo for this long! I'd be having fortwo withdrawal! Did they provide a loaner?
Here's wishing you the best for a more prosperous 2010!
Rich

Ryan said:
Zippin: no, not yet sadly. Got a call monday morning from one guy at the other person's insurance company saying that i'd be hearing from the person who came out for the estimate either sometime monday or tuesday... but haven't heard anything. Probably gonna call them back on Monday, or try calling Cavallo Auto Body to see if anyone there heard from them. I don't even know why they had someone come out to estimate it.... since if their estimate is too low to bring my car back to like-new condition, they're still going to pay out to make it like new.

Would have been much easier if a) the idiot that hit me filed the report to his auto insurance company himself, and/or b) if he had a better insurance company than Cure auto insurance.
Doh! That SMARTS! Doh!
:)

Kevin Heran said:
How about this, (smart could use this one) wait for it .......here it comes.............

smart fortwo a MIND ALTERING decision

(i couldn't help it)
So, is it fixed, NOW?

Zippin Pippin said:
Dang, Ryan! It seems forever ago that I read about your hit and run! I would be more than a little steamed to have to forego my fortwo for this long! I'd be having fortwo withdrawal! Did they provide a loaner?
Here's wishing you the best for a more prosperous 2010!
Rich

Ryan said:

Yes me too. Every time a saw a Smart I would wave and smile, now it is me driving the car. I had a 1973 Bug back in the day, I have that same feeling when people wave as back then. Remember that is what they did with Bug owners it was like we were part of a click. I own a GEM electric car also and say I get more smiles per mile. Now I say that about the Smart too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service