My ex bought the smart fortwo passion I now have to drive because we
lived in Manhattan and for space reasons he thought it was a good
idea.
For parking purposes it's actually not bad (aside from the giant blind spot).

Everything else about the car is just appalling, most of all SMART the company, who do not stand behind their cars at all.
My brakes continuously go bad, I have broken down on off-ramps and busy
streets more than in any other car I've ever owned. My KIA
Sorento never once broke down in 5 years and 160000 miles of ownership!
I've had the clutch on the smart replaced, most of the electronics around the transmission, various engine parts, a
rim, etc... My friends make fun of me about how frequently the car is in the shop.

The latest problem is the fact that my roof is cracking. It just happened on its own one day. Small lines started appearing from side to side and with every bump they get
worse.
SMART doesn't want to hear about it. I have tried to contact them several times, but the ultimate outcome is: "It's your problem,
you have to replace it at your own expense."
Even though i have a 75000 mile extended warranty, even though i've done every service on it, even
though other people have this same problem. It is clearly a design flaw, yet
SMART doesn't want to hear about it.
I've never owned a car I've hated this much. And 50% of that feeling is attributed to the "customer service"
SMART "offers".

Do not buy one!!! I can't even give it away, no one wants it, and I live in the NYC area.

Tags: fortwo, reliability, smart

Views: 1439

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Had my car 18 months and will go over 24k tomorrow. Have driven across the country twice. A few minor issues that were taken care of with a smile. If you truly want to give the car away I am 1/2 mile from the metro north tracks and can be in nyc in about 30 minutes to pick it up.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service