smarts may be small in size, but they’re big on safety.  We’ve spoken to some of you and many of you have posted your stories on websites like safesandsmart.com, but we’d like to hear more! Tell us about a time when smart’s safety technology helped you or someone you know. We may take a few of your submissions and highlight them on our website.

Views: 906

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks

Why don't you bring back safeandsmart.com?

It was a great marketing tool and easy to refer "scoffers" to?

Amen!

Wallace Rumbarger said:

Thanks

Why don't you bring back safeandsmart.com?

It was a great marketing tool and easy to refer "scoffers" to?

Wallace, the safeandsmart.com site sadly was lost in the transition from Penske to MBusa. I'm sure if it was not closed (by PAG) Eric would have revived it. So they are starting 'from scratch'.

It was a great site with photos and the stories.

Let's hope the 'new' version is as good or better.

MJB

Here is an article on crash tests in Germany: smart did the best.

http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopic=26004
I, in the blink of an eye, hit a good size deer one night without any specific indication other than seeing it jump onto the road in front of me and the sound of the impact. Their wasn't any steering sway nor loss of control or windshield damage. I was not only surprised at what just happened but how little damage or impact jolt there was. I continued the short drive to my house where upon inspection found very little body damage, even the headlight wasn't broken. I feel even more safe now than i did after researching the smart cars safety before I bought one and I am proud to tell people my story when they ask me do I feel safe driving my smart car.

Thanks for sharing!

Arvind Kumar said:

Mike, give me a call tomorrow evening if you have time, George.

The last time I checked, the fatality rate of occupants of Smarts in the USA was half that of the average American car on American roads...It is a SAFE car....If the worst happens, you can skip the cost of a casket and be buried in your Smart...

Arvind Kumar said:

Smashed between 1 ton flat bed truck & large delivery truck

We were traveling South 55mph in a 4 momth old 2013 Smart on state highway when 1 ton flat bed truck failed to yield and pulled out heading West in front of us. Slammed on the brakes,,,started to skid about 30 feet then got rearended by very large cab-over-engine box delivery truck. Delivery truck never put on brakes and hit us at about 65 mph, flipped us sideways and we broadsided the 1 ton. Passenger side of Smart took out front wheel of the 1 ton. My husband was a little stiff for a couple of days, I messed up my left leg (not broke). Smart was was totaled , but the safety cell was undamaged. Both doors opened normaly, we were able to easily get out. Picked up my new 2014 Smart 6 days ago. Smart proved itself to us

Thanks for posting.  Another example of why the smart is not a "deathtrap" as all its critics claim.

Sandy, I'm glad you and your husband are doing well.  I have had some customers who have been involved in smart car accidents all those I know of have come back asking for another one. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service