smart takes last place in 2013 JD Powers APEAL survey

Question for Mark Webster, smart USA General Manager:
JD Powers just released their 2013 APEAL survey results and smart is at the bottom of the list: http://ning.it/18zGZId

Not good news by any means.  What are your plans to turn this perception around and ensure people are aware of how good a car the smart really is?

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hmmm, Porsche top of the list.

MJB

spicejax said:

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hmmm, Porsche top of the list.

MJB

When I get my Smart service I wander into the Mercedes section and petition the Lord to buy me a GLK.....LOL

I think you can just ignore this "survey", nobody in my neighbourhood ever heard of it. However everybody (a lot of people) noticed that a shiny new SmartED was parked in #1 spot on the company campus recently (I will skip the name). I can tell you that SmartEd suddenly it got a lot of attention and respect...

One way to look at it, but JD Powers has been in the automobile survey business for years.  Being at the bottom of the list on one is not a good thing for any brand, much less one struggling for a foothold in the US.

Dariusz said:

I think you can just ignore this "survey", nobody in my neighbourhood ever heard of it. However everybody (a lot of people) noticed that a shiny new SmartED was parked in #1 spot on the company campus recently (I will skip the name). I can tell you that SmartEd suddenly it got a lot of attention and respect...

JD Powers rated the 2013 Smart AMONG THE BEST in initial quality, scoring the highest level for powertrain,body, interior, features, accessories, design, and fuel economy.....It lacked public appeal, because most folks are blind and stupid.................

Well honestly Smart really doesn't do a good job advertising the smart. That one commercial with the big truck on top of the safety cell... what the heck is that? That does nothing to advertise its safety. And just overall how they show the smarts they do not show cars that people would drive on a daily basis or wouldn't feel embarrassed in. For starters EVERY SINGLE SMART should be equipped with Daytime Running Lights. It makes a big difference in its appeal and makes the car 10000x cooler.

For safety smart needs to advertise by stating something that i always tell people and i've set a lot of peoples minds straight.... "Designed by the finest Mercedes-Benz engineers in the world."

I think Mercedes should advertise smart instead of smart because literally everyone i've discussed the car with didn't know it was made by Mercedes. The car just needs to be advertised in a more serious manner if you want success, ya its a fun car but all those fruity paint jobs and stuff is not what anyone would ever want.

Cool lights, nice appealing acceptable colors, simple straight to the point statements on its safety, "No owner is concerned about the reliability or safety of the smart, safety isn't a concern when driving the smallest safest smile inducing street legal green go kart in the world" .....  and mentions of it being made by Mercedes.

Good points, and they go to my question to Mark Webster in the original post: What are your plans to turn this perception around and ensure people are aware of how good a car the smart really is?  No response so far....

Brandon said:

Well honestly Smart really doesn't do a good job advertising the smart. That one commercial with the big truck on top of the safety cell... what the heck is that? That does nothing to advertise its safety. And just overall how they show the smarts they do not show cars that people would drive on a daily basis or wouldn't feel embarrassed in. For starters EVERY SINGLE SMART should be equipped with Daytime Running Lights. It makes a big difference in its appeal and makes the car 10000x cooler.

For safety smart needs to advertise by stating something that i always tell people and i've set a lot of peoples minds straight.... "Designed by the finest Mercedes-Benz engineers in the world."

I think Mercedes should advertise smart instead of smart because literally everyone i've discussed the car with didn't know it was made by Mercedes. The car just needs to be advertised in a more serious manner if you want success, ya its a fun car but all those fruity paint jobs and stuff is not what anyone would ever want.

Cool lights, nice appealing acceptable colors, simple straight to the point statements on its safety, "No owner is concerned about the reliability or safety of the smart, safety isn't a concern when driving the smallest safest smile inducing street legal green go kart in the world" .....  and mentions of it being made by Mercedes.

"No response so far...."

it's still summer, Mark's out surfing. Hope he remembered the sunblock.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service