St. Louis Dealership Has Used MB Cars In smart Showroom

A week or two ago I went to my local (St. Louis) smart dealership at Plaza Motors.  It's a very nice dealership that sells some of the most awesome vehicles money can buy.  That includes smarts.  I've visited the place many times and they have a nice showroom in the back of one their building to sell smarts.  This last time I saw I visited I saw only one smart in the showroom and sitting there with it were two used Mercedes Benz vehicles sitting there as well.  The dealership sells just about every high-end vehicle out there including Mercedes Benz.

I know that the sales for the smart have dropped since the economy has worsened.  Quite frankly I find that confusing as well, but that is another discussion.  But if I didn't know better I would say the St. Louis dealership might be having second thoughts about keeping the smart there.  I am planning to purchase a 2011 hopefully at the end of 1st quarter next year but it concerns me that I may not have a dealership should I need maintenance.  I think the next closest dealership is in Kansas City.

Anyone buy a smart in an area where the dealership closed?

Tags: dealership, mercedes benz, showroom, smart

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It could be a company policy.  I know of some dealerships that are required to have a smart in the mb showroom.  I would not worry about it.  As for only having one car in stock, the dealer can make a call and have a car sent from the dock where they are stored.  The dealership could be trying to limit its cash expenditures and not bring the cars in until they are sold.

Richard Baker said:

It could be a company policy.  I know of some dealerships that are required to have a smart in the mb showroom.  I would not worry about it.  As for only having one car in stock, the dealer can make a call and have a car sent from the dock where they are stored.  The dealership could be trying to limit its cash expenditures and not bring the cars in until they are sold.

Actually I should have said that there were three cars sitting outside on the side of the building.    I hope you're right and they are just reducing financial risk.

What gives me a little hope is last time I was there, I spoke with the sales rep there and he has ordered to loaded 2011s so people can see the cars.  But the more I thought about the lack of stuff in the showroom I started wondering...

Same thing last June when we stopped off en route to KC; place was full of smarts on that day.  Stopped off again on the way back (4 days later) - no sales people, two M-Bs parked in the smart showroom.  The parking lot outside the Columbus, OH smart dealer (also M-B) is full of Sprinter vans.

Closing in Nashville at the end of the month. I gather the wealthy fellow who had exclusive distributorship here from Mercedes defaulted it back to the manufacturer and they decided to close. Still, it make options a bit sparse for service and repair...I've only had the car a year and a half!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service