Today is the last day for the Penske Auto Group version of smart USA. Everything else aside, there would not be over 47 thousand 451 smarts on the road in the USA if Roger Penske had not made the effort to set up and run an organization to import and distribute these cars. Hopefully M-B USA can move things forward, but without the work done by the Penske organization over the past four years they would be starting from scratch. Thanks Roger!

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DITTO and many many thanks to the team that brought this great little vehicle to us.
Penske took the risk and did well... The rise in gas prices did not materialize enough to make him alot of money, but his brilliant marketing design prevented him from losing his shirt... For his guts and marketing innovations, Penske deserves respect...I suspect that Mercedes will profit from Penske's trailblazing... Even without higher gas prices, they will benefit by adding Smart to their gas hog fleet to reach government standards for fleet mpg...I only hope the new Smart design has an option for more horspower...Then it will be a "Mercedes"...
Absolute amen to this. Thanks to Roger and to Dave Schembri who got this thing up and running here in the USA.

I was very happy when I first heard that Roger was bringing the smart to our shores, and I still feel that way today.  Roger is the first smart enthusiast in the USA, but not the last. Kudos Roger, Dave, and Jill.

DVI we are ready to help you take it to the next level. The smart fortwo was here first, times 47,000.

MJB

The 450 owners will be all over this!  The G&K cars were here first, but as gray market cars.  The folks that bought those cars were true pioneers IMHO.

spicejax said:

I was very happy when I first heard that Roger was bringing the smart to our shores, and I still feel that way today.  Roger is the first smart enthusiast in the USA, but not the last. Kudos Roger, Dave, and Jill.

DVI we are ready to help you take it to the next level. The smart fortwo was here first, times 47,000.

MJB

BTW, Roger still has smartcenterwestcovina 

MJB

PS If smartUSA didn't bring the 451 to the USA I would never had the chance to get one. G & K would be impossible to get to for service, and folks complain about far away dealers now. Just add the G & K cars to the 47k.

MJB

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.