Has anyone ever added a towing kit to the back of their smart and towed a small jet ski? Wondering if it's possible.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you mean a trailer hitch, yes I have. .It is areal simple job to install.  Or any trailer rental such as uhaul can do it. You can haul a reasonable load with it. probably not more than about 1000 lbs.

Kathy & Gary Graves said:

If you mean a trailer hitch, yes I have. .It is areal simple job to install.  Or any trailer rental such as uhaul can do it. You can haul a reasonable load with it. probably not more than about 1000 lbs.

Thank you! It seemed like it could handle pulling a small jet ski but wanted to see if anyone had installed a trailer hitch and pulled anything before. BTW my maiden name is Graves!
Did you have to purchase a special type of trailer hitch made for a smart or did you just buy one made for all vehicles?

The local uhaul dealer installed a hitch made by Curt. You can find them on the internet. Just lookup "Curt trailer hitches". Also try "trailer hitches for smartcar"

Valerie said:

Did you have to purchase a special type of trailer hitch made for a smart or did you just buy one made for all vehicles?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service