TPMS blinks 60 seconds then on solid. please help! (2013 Electric Drive)

OK so... my smart Elec Drive has a TPMS light that blinks for 60 seconds then stays on.  Manual says system failure but not how to fix it.  Anyone had this happen?

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First thing is to assume simple then get more sophisticated.  Have you tried putting air back in the tire first?

I did and everything is good with pressure.

Under warranty - back to the smart center. 

Domenic Martinello said:

I did and everything is good with pressure.
Yeah it's just over an hour away and will need to charge so there goes a whole day ::

Yep, most likely a defective TPMS.  It happens.  Could need a reset, might need a replacement.

Call 'em and tell 'em the warranteed car is sitting in your driveway with the keys under the mat.  "Come and get it. Send the towtruck.  Payments will resume when it's returned to my driveway in working condition, according to 15USC50 para 2304 (a)(4) to my satisfaction."  Don't drive it!  That'll make any damage all YOUR fault, which is, of course, what they want....

How many hours has it run between failures or since you got it.  The law says they have 30 days or 3 attempts at repair before you can make the decision whether to replace or completely refund your money.

Domenic Martinello said:

Yeah it's just over an hour away and will need to charge so there goes a whole day ::

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service