Link to type 453 launch both fortwo and forfour.  I really hope the 900cc turbo with a 5-speed manual is available in the USA when the new model makes it here.  If only the 6-speed automatic make it across the pond then I will stick with my 2008 passion coupe.  I hope MB monitors the desire for a manual as an option in America.

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

About 7% of cars that offer the manual as an option are sold with one in the US.  That's really not much on the desire scale, and the younger demographic that seems to be the target for the 453 isn't learning to drive manual transmissions.  The DCT will do just fine and probably outperform the manual once some road test results are available.

Oh well, if that turns out to be the case I may need to consider the Ford Fiesta SFE with the 3 cylinder turbo and only comes with the 5-speed manual.

90 horse power seems barely adequate for a today's car...I was hoping for at least 110 HP..........

Glad you mentioned the 5-speed.  The smart clutch pedal trans has 5 gears where the DCT has 6, another advantage IMHO.  The 450s have 6-speeds and I've always felt the 451s could really use that extra gear.  smart got it right with the 453 6-speed DCT.

mainefortwo said:

Oh well, if that turns out to be the case I may need to consider the Ford Fiesta SFE with the 3 cylinder turbo and only comes with the 5-speed manual.

Rumor (and that's all it is at this point...) is there will be a 453 BRABUS with over 100 hp, plus the usual BRABUS add ons.  Whether we'll see it in North America is another question.

Robert Stout said:

90 horse power seems barely adequate for a today's car...I was hoping for at least 110 HP..........

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service