If I am trying to get out of somebody's way from a dead stop, say like at a signal light, if I nail the gas pedal in automatic mode the tranny won't shift out of 1st even if I totally let off the gas pedal. It almost seems like the accelerator sticks wot. Anyone else have this problem?

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No its not a Problem...!!! Its the way it is...??? Maybe Smart will come out with 3.0 upgrade to the computer Firmware and fix this...
Note: What you do is Snatch that 2nd gear shift with the + Paddle to force the shift... then if tyou hold it for 2 seconds you'll go back to Auto mode...
Hey 007, that's exactly what I do for now. Like you say, I hope they do get a fix for it soon because where I live there are a lot of fast take offs.

Brabus007 said:
No its not a Problem...!!! Its the way it is...??? Maybe Smart will come out with 3.0 upgrade to the computer Firmware and fix this... Note: What you do is Snatch that 2nd gear shift with the + Paddle to force the shift... then if tyou hold it for 2 seconds you'll go back to Auto mode...
The problem is, if I keep my foot on the gas it will over-rev the engine(over 6000rpms) which isn't good for the motor if done repetetly. The only solution to the problem that I've found is to paddle shift to 2nd manually then after the rush is over go back to auto mode. I just hope Smart comes up with a fix soon!

Forest said:
I have found when I take my foot off the accelerator in hopes that it will shift, It confuses the computer. If you take your foot off the gas it thinks you want to slow and is expecting you to need to stay in 1st. Keep up with your intent and keep your gas peddle where it was and you will continue to accelerate and it will shift before anything goes wrong. If you can't wait for the car to shift, make it shift when you want it to, then hit the up shift paddle and you will be in second. It's that easy.
i've experienced times where it just didn't seem to want to shift out of 1st if going up a rather steep hill.... but i just do the same... shift it into 2nd gear myself. Think it's just that it gets to the point where the system doesn't think that it's moving fast enough to shift to the next gear without possibly having to downshift right after upshifting again.

And i wouldn't expect the car to shift when you take your foot off the gas. Like they said, taking your foot off the gas, at least when it's not in the middle of shifting, will typically lead to believe that you wish to slow down, or not go any faster. Ever notice how if you're going down a hill, you can take your foot off the gas, and the engine will just rev higher as you start going faster, and typically won't shift until you touch the gas pedal?

like the others said.... if it gets to that point, just manually shift it. I do it just cause i don't like seeing the RPM's get too high for too long. If i'm going up a hill that i know generally leads to high RPM's, i usually just pop it into manual right from the get-go.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service