Just wondering if any of your are going to add any after market parts to your brabus or leave it stock? With our corvette we added performance things to improve the horsepower and mpg and also changed out the appearance factor on it as well.

We didn't do anything to our little "scooter" - our '08 passion coupe - because we knew we were going to get the brabus. But that's a mute point now as it's been totaled in a car accident on March 24th.

What is the best bang for the buck?

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

OK this is just my opinion but I would not TOUCH a limited edition automobile in any substantive way. No hole drilling no plastic hanging, no tire swapping. etc. I even had a little heartburn around drilling holes to mount the front plate that is required here in MN. I have owned a 64 chevy impala convertable and a Datsun Fairlady roadster and a couple other cars in my youth that I would KILL to have in their pristine unmodded condition. I did add the smart plastic storage space liner and am considering the luggage cover (but probaby not) I also added padded seatbelt thingys so the belt didnt dig into my neck and I did add embroidered seat-belt buckle covers with a beautiful Brabus "B" on them but they are velcro so nothing permanent. I REALLY wish I could have ordered a cruise control from the factory but I wont drill holes and run wires under the carpet to install one. Other that that I just want to keep it clean, stock and un-scratched and dented. PS REALLY sorry to hear about your '08. I bet that just sucked bigtime.
Hi Gary,
Well considering that someone will always come to a "gun fight" with a bigger, badder gun you could spend money till the cows come home and still never be "done" with adding modifications. With that being said, we have a completely original '68 Chevelle that only has 22k miles on it. My husband knew both the original owner and the 2nd owner and he has everything documented on it as well.
That is why he wanted the Brabus so bad as well - the limited production number of them.
I think if we could do something "bolt on" that might be one thing but like you don't fancy the drilling and cutting thing either. Here in TX we too have to run 2 plates but we did not drill the front bracket onto our '08 and will not do so to the Brabus when it comes in either.
As far as our '08 goes, yes it was a major bummer and we are both so grateful to be alive. Our story is posted on the safeandsmart website, under owner's stories of Ginny. That car literally saved my life and have no hesitation at all in telling folks that either. Thank God that he gave the ability to the designers and engineers to come up with something that safe.

Gary Johnston said:
OK this is just my opinion but I would not TOUCH a limited edition automobile in any substantive way. No hole drilling no plastic hanging, no tire swapping. etc. I even had a little heartburn around drilling holes to mount the front plate that is required here in MN. I have owned a 64 chevy impala convertable and a Datsun Fairlady roadster and a couple other cars in my youth that I would KILL to have in their pristine unmodded condition. I did add the smart plastic storage space liner and am considering the luggage cover (but probaby not) I also added padded seatbelt thingys so the belt didnt dig into my neck and I did add embroidered seat-belt buckle covers with a beautiful Brabus "B" on them but they are velcro so nothing permanent. I REALLY wish I could have ordered a cruise control from the factory but I wont drill holes and run wires under the carpet to install one. Other that that I just want to keep it clean, stock and un-scratched and dented. PS REALLY sorry to hear about your '08. I bet that just sucked bigtime.
I don't plan to do much of anything to my black Brabus coupe. I did buy the rear parcel cover and the rubber floor mats. I did not want to use the actual Brabus carpet mats, but keep them new for shows, etc. I also have a Corvette. It is a 2004 Z06 with only 1052 miles. It has always been garaged and covered with a battery tender on it. The one thing that really disappoints me about the Brabus is the vin number. It is not any different than a regular Passion. On the Z06, the 8th digit is an "S", not a number. This proves it is a real Z06. Anyone can modify a Passion with Brabus parts and there is no definitive way to prove otherwise. I wish Smart had made the Brabus just a bit more exclusive. Just my thoughts, George.
It is too bad about the Serial number. Too bad about the B on the fuel filler that falls off. Mine was flapping in the breeze and just happened to catch my eye in the rear view mirror.
I did add the MDC cruise control. It is totally plug and play. No pin removal or rerouting wires. The control box is tucked out of site under the dashboard area to the right of the accelerator pedal. Even the snap in place turn signal stalk is removable to return to original condittion. I enjoyed the cruise immensely for a 400 mile drive today. Your license plate issue up front simply needs a replacement front panel to return to original condition. I did upgrade to an air horn which mounted on the original bracket and can be returned to original condition be re-installing the original eep eep horn.
Enjoy your Brabus and keep the wimpy parts for a simple restoration in the future. Just no cutting or drilling on non-restorable items. :)

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service