Anyone else questioning their speedometer? Especially with the 17 in. rear wheels and low profile tires on the Brabus. I was just clocked at 55 in a forty zone. I was doing 48. Two miles per hour below the 10 mph buffer zone. I thought I was okay. Anyone else have this surprise? I had the mdc tempo max set for 48mph.. Needless to say I am not amused at the $127.00 fine nor am I comfortable not knowing what my true speed is. And could this affect my Gas Mileage? I suppose so! Heaven forbid! CATASTROPH!

Tags: brabus, calibration, speeding, speedometer, ticket

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

I have a Brabus also and I was picked up for speeding but the officer had my speed correct. So I don't think it has anything to do with the tires. I would have the speedometer checked if I were you.
Thanks, Walt
I will certainly do that. Unfortunately, that involves another 400 miles on my car! ... and me, too! :) I will be glad when we get a dealer in Memphis, TN.

Walt Marini said:
I have a Brabus also and I was picked up for speeding but the officer had my speed correct. So I don't think it has anything to do with the tires. I would have the speedometer checked if I were you.
Had not notice. I think I know where one of those speed signs that shows current speed as cars approach. I will try and go by it and see what it say vs what's on my dash.
Yep, I've got to do the same thing. I am really bummed out that my smart may be mis-educated, mis-programmed, or just plain wrong.

Saundra said:
Had not notice. I think I know where one of those speed signs that shows current speed as cars approach. I will try and go by it and see what it say vs what's on my dash.
My speedo displays 4 MPH faster than what is displayed on my GPS.
Wilkins said:
My speedo displays 4 MPH faster than what is displayed on my GPS.
I've made peace with mine. 2 to 3 mph high on the speedometer is common on these cars from my reading. My scangauge matches the drive by radar speed signs.
I have only checked my brabus at 25 and needs to go about 27 or more to check out police roadside portables that they move all around the city. There used to be exact mile marker to check you speedometer. If you get a calibration check can you beat the ticket. I'm new with the brabus (JUly16th this year). I'd like to hear from brabus owners. I was supposed to get the last cabrolet in the US. I wonder if this is true.
Frank Shaffer (Jay Bird)
Zippin Pippin said:
Thanks, Walt
I will certainly do that. Unfortunately, that involves another 400 miles on my car! ... and me, too! :) I will be glad when we get a dealer in Memphis, TN.

Walt Marini said:
Walt Marini said:
Zippin Pippin said:
Thanks, Walt

Walt Marini said:
Frank Jay Shaffer said:
Walt Marini said:
My scan gauge agrees spot on with the drive by radar signs, and the speedo is 2-3 miles per hour high. So I have made peace, this is a common feature of these cars.

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service