click on the link below learn about new innovations from Smart that we need to DEMAND are available to us.

Tags: http://hybridreview.blogspot.com/2008/07/micro-hybrid-system-to-become-standard.html

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

The "micro hybrid" drive is a good improvement, but smart needs to make a much cleaner and more efficient version of the fortwo before I'll buy one. A turbo diesel cdi would be better, particularly if it were coupled with the micro hybrid system, and especially if it's biodiesel compatible from the factory. However, an electric smart would be the ultimate version of the fortwo, in my opinion. My power company offers an option to buy power that is generated from green sources for a small surcharge, which I have opted for. So, if I could purchase an electric smart forwto, I would be able to drive a true zero emissions vehicle, which costs relatively little to operate.

Currently, I have a 1981 VW Rabbit pickup, which is capable of at least 50 mpg, and it runs on biodiesel as well. I also have a Vespa GTS 250, which gets around 60 mpg. It would be a step backward for me to buy a gasoline smart fortwo, even with the micro hybrid system. When smart first launched in the US, I placed a reservation, but later canceled it when I learned to my great disappointment that smart usa had no intention of selling the cdi model here.

Recently, I was very heartened to learn that smart is going to produce an electric version of the fortwo using batteries developed by Tesla Motors, builders of the Tesla Roadster, arguably the most capable production electric vehicle ever. However, I have been unable to find any way to order, sign up for, or even officially register my interest in an electric fortwo. My inquiries by smart have been met with a standard "we have no information" reply, but considering the limited numbers in which these cars will be available, I want to make sure that I can get one before they're all gone. Does anyone know how I could sign up for an electric fortwo? Any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service