CANCELLED - Talimena Scenic Drive: Sat. October 22nd, Mena, AR to Talihena, OK - Invite from Tulsa Smart People

The Tulsa Smart People are looking at doing a drive to and then down the Talimena Scenic Drive.  Would any of you in the the Arkansas area have an interest in meeting us at Mena, Arkansas and then doing a caravan down the Talimena Scenic Drive . We are thinking the end of September or first part of October in order to see the Fall colors. We would have lunch either at the beginning of the drive or stop at the Queen Wilhemena Lodge for lunch depending on time. This decision will be made in advance about lunch.  The drive is 54 miles long and is beautiful. 

www.talimenascenicdrive.com to learn more about it.

Please reply here and I will check back frequently or you can comment on the Tulsa Smart People page.

Happy smarting,

Jill Hobbs

jkjahobbs on SCOA,  www.smartcarofamerica.com

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

The Talimena Scenic Drive is set:

Saturday October 22nd

Meet us either in Broken Arrow, OK at 81st St and Highway 51 at 7:30 am

or in Mena, Arkansas at 11:30 am. I'm still working on where to meet in Mena.

Lunch will be at the Talimena Lodge which is on the drive.

The Talimena Scenic Drive is 54 miles long.  I am planning on us driving the full length of the drive but there are areas along the drive where you can exit it.  I figure between 1 1/2 and 2 hours for the scenic drive.

Please RSVP on the events page.

You can send me a Private Message or email me at jkjahobbs@aol.com with questions.

I will post a meeting place before the event. I just need to figure out a good place to meet.

If you have a FRS radio please bring it for communication purposes.  We will bring a few extras as well.

Jill

Anyone else planning to come?  It's not to late, just send me a msg, or RSVP here or at the Event page.  We'd love to have some Arkansas Smart's along for the drive.

We are eating at Queen Wilhemena Lodge, not Talimena Lodge as stated above (I don't think there a Talimena Lodge).  Prices are reasonable.

CANCELLED.  4 of the 6 cars that had RSVP'd had to cancel this week due to conflicts.  We will try to make this drive again next year. 

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service