A place to let us know if you have problems with your car and where and how it was handled.

You can also share your "general maintenance" experiences.
We met a guy in the Woodlands about 3 years ago and he gave some of you his card. I wrote down the information and called their phone number today (02-14-2013). European Concepts does still work on smart cars. Lother Bohnish died last year . . . . Here is their information:
European Concepts (RED BUILDING)
21645 E. Knox Dr.
Porter, TX
281-354-8500

Views: 688

Replies to This Discussion

Im still under warranty thank god. I also bought the 84 month warranty with the car. MicroCars break...and only the dealers can work on them. As for your car not being what it was,....TAKE IT BACK. THey did warranty repairs before, and prbably can re open the ticket complaint. Ask em !!!
While changing my oil, I noticed a "sheen" of oil on the pan. No drips, no stains in the driveway, it just looked like the pan was wet. I got off work early and while going to my moms house in Sugar Land, I swung by the dealer for a look-see. The regular smart service dude had gone home sick, but I was well attended to. They had a mechanic come out to take a look. He said I needed my pan resealed, I needed to make an appointment. I made one for 3pm the following day. I again bugged out of work, went to S.L. only to be told it was too late for them to work on it. I made another appointment for 7:30am the following day. I wrote off all the confusion as the smart techs were not there, the MB people were trying to help, no biggie.

I drop off my car the next day, the service staff gave me a ride to my mothers house. It was repaired about 5 hours later, again, no biggie, as I had taken the day off. While I was going home, I noticed the 2009 dollar coin was missing from my coin holder (I always kept coins in all of my new cars dated the year of the car, a talisman of sorts). The 2009 quarter was still there.

Still, service was great, the staff was great, they even cleaned my car to brand spankin' new status. I know you're not supposed to leave anything in your car, but I thought two VERY obvious coins would be safe.....

Did I call SCSL ? Nah. I know I'd just get the "you know you're not supposed to leave any valuables......" speech.
It's kind of bad when we just assume business people going to steal from their customers.

Mud Pie said:
While changing my oil, I noticed a "sheen" of oil on the pan. No drips, no stains in the driveway, it just looked like the pan was wet. I got off work early and while going to my moms house in Sugar Land, I swung by the dealer for a look-see. The regular smart service dude had gone home sick, but I was well attended to. They had a mechanic come out to take a look. He said I needed my pan resealed, I needed to make an appointment. I made one for 3pm the following day. I again bugged out of work, went to S.L. only to be told it was too late for them to work on it. I made another appointment for 7:30am the following day. I wrote off all the confusion as the smart techs were not there, the MB people were trying to help, no biggie.

I drop off my car the next day, the service staff gave me a ride to my mothers house. It was repaired about 5 hours later, again, no biggie, as I had taken the day off. While I was going home, I noticed the 2009 dollar coin was missing from my coin holder (I always kept coins in all of my new cars dated the year of the car, a talisman of sorts). The 2009 quarter was still there.

Still, service was great, the staff was great, they even cleaned my car to brand spankin' new status. I know you're not supposed to leave anything in your car, but I thought two VERY obvious coins would be safe.....

Did I call SCSL ? Nah. I know I'd just get the "you know you're not supposed to leave any valuables......" speech.
JOYS OF MY FIRST FLAT TIRE!

Tried to go shopping this morning only to find out I have a flat rear passenger tire. I have the "wheel and tire" five year contract so I called all the numbers.

Did you know you are limited to $100 per incident. Anything over that, you pay for!

Did you know you have to use THEIR roadside assistance and have your car towed to your smart car shop and have them file a claim. That means, and I quote, "No, you cannot take just the tire there! You must have your car towed so you won't damage the tire any further." I think, "DUH!"

And to top it off, smart SugarLand's Joe is out with health issues and they do not know when he will return. OMG!

I'll keep you posted about my car as they day unrolls . . .
Forgot to continue on. I got towed and stayed with the car. It took about 2 hours just to get the tire worked on - but I got a brand new tire! My cost was only $3.25 and the insurance covered everything else. Kaitlyn told me the $100 per incident is only for towing. Whew! And my car was all washed and pretty when I got her back!

Ok.. It's time for my 10k maintenance. I'm wanting to do my own oil change and take my car in for the rest of he maintenance. Is it worth it? And how much was everyone else charged for the 10k check up?

If you do your own oil/filter and carbon filter change how much would the rest of the check up be

Which smart dealer is the best to go to?

I think I may  renamed my little yellow smart BUMPER CAR. I've been bumped in the back bumper on both sides and now the front bumper on the driver's side. As "they" used to say: Takes a licken and keeps on ticken! She just turned over 14,000 miles on my 2008 passion!

OK, I recently had the 40K checkup at the SugarLand location.  I also had the problem of car will not go in "R".......this was an ongoing problem for the past several months.  For me, the fix was a computer update!!!!  All is working perfectly, now.  I think the new clutch thing may not be correct.  But, they likely did the clutch and the computer update but got $$$ out of you for the clutch!  

BUT, I am posting here to ask... has anyone replace a windshield?  My was hit on I-10 by two large rocks and the cracks have spread across half the windshield.  Smart Sugarland is quoting $900 to fix it.  I have yet to call insurance company.  I'd like to know options, if any?  Thanks.

Also, I need tires.  Suggestions?

Hi Elle;

Out of curousity, I put my information on Safelites web site.

They quoted me $416.95 without insurance.

https://www.safelite.com/

As for Tires, call the tire stores.  If they don't have them in stock, they can order them.  Just copy the size off the tires and give them the numbers.

I need my windshield replaced, too! It is cracked but not in the way of driving. Let me know what you do about it Elle!

thanks!  I will.  As for tires, someone told me I need to get tires that are specifically designed for left to right rotation since we can not cross rotate.  Is that a bunch of crap?  Don't laugh, I am a blonde, kinda.  

Jim Davis said:

Hi Elle;

Out of curousity, I put my information on Safelites web site.

They quoted me $416.95 without insurance.

https://www.safelite.com/

As for Tires, call the tire stores.  If they don't have them in stock, they can order them.  Just copy the size off the tires and give them the numbers.

Not a question I can answer, Elle! Any of you guys know about tire replacements on the smart?

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service