A place to let us know if you have problems with your car and where and how it was handled.

You can also share your "general maintenance" experiences.
We met a guy in the Woodlands about 3 years ago and he gave some of you his card. I wrote down the information and called their phone number today (02-14-2013). European Concepts does still work on smart cars. Lother Bohnish died last year . . . . Here is their information:
European Concepts (RED BUILDING)
21645 E. Knox Dr.
Porter, TX
281-354-8500

Views: 688

Replies to This Discussion

Some tires (and wheels for that matter) are directional.  They're made to rotate in one direction.  If you reverse them side to side, the rotation will be backwards  The spare I bought is directional, but I'd only run it for a short distance to have my regular tire fixed, so I don't care.

I dont Believe the smart tires are directional, but I could be wrong.  I have to check mine.  If yours are directional, there will be an arrow on the tire sidewall with the word ROTATION.  No arrow?  Doesn't matter.

Another fact.  I've been driving since the early 60's, and have *never* rotated my tires.  If your alignment is good, they shouldn't wear unevenly.

smart didn't want to shift out of park this morning.  You could move the lever, but the gear indicator on the dash would stay blank and would beep at you.  Getting tow to Sugar Land this morning.
Wilkins - what was the outcome?
So far they called me yesterday and said that by battery is weak and need to be replaced, that is causing the stuck in park issue, not the break switch.  As for the once it is out of park not selecting a gear, they said something to the effect that my transmission software is corrupted and that there is an update for it.... I told them not to mess with the battery, but the software reload is going to run me $120 before tax.  Oh, and my full coverage extended warranty that I bought from smart when I bought mine doesn't cover any of it.
What!! So what's the point in us purchasing extended warranty if that kind of stuff isn't covered. That sounds like a manufacturing problem that should be covered. I can't believe they're gonna charge you to update your software. That's ridiculous.  This kind of stuff takes away from the fun of owning these cars.  Car maintenance should not be such a nightmare for these little cars. It seems that we have little to no coverage on things and it shouldn't be that way.

I agree, but from what I understand that is how Merc rolls, if I want full coverage I should have gotten a BMW.

Right.. Mercedes sucks for the way they're deal with Smart owners.

This sounds a bit disturbing to me.  You're not the first to report dealer issues like this.  I'm going to absorb this for a while.

When it is really hot, I press the recirculate button and that seems to do the job until the car cools down.  Then I hit the button and  turn it off. 

Jan in West U said:
UPDATE ON A/C Problems: smart USA called me and told me I had permission to take my car to smart Sugar Land. I called Joe Puccio, the new smart service rep, and went there on Thursday morning 6/3/2010. Joe told me Ryan, his best smart technician would diagnose the car. I had to leave it overnight for a part to shop. Joe and Ryan called smart USA repair problem person and told them it was the blower, resistor, and something else. And even though I'm out of warranty, smart USA said the labor and parts would be covered, no cost to me! I'm just thankful the A/C was acting up when I pulled into smart Sugar Land!

I got my car back today 6/4/2010 just after noon. It is so hot outside, I was almost home before I could really tell the A/C was working good. It still seems to take awhile for it to cool off when the car is very, very hot. IS THIS NORMAL?
Did you get your Ham radio installed, and if so, how did you do it?  What type of antenna did you use, and where did you mount it?

Paul Thomas said:
I have tech question: I wish to install a HAM radio in my cabiet, thought I show some waarning about this. How does smart get police radios mounted? Do I need to shield something special before installing the system? Presently have radio installed in my motorcycle with no problems>
I have had to replace all my tires as I have over 60,000 miles on my Smart.  I got identical replacements from Discount Tire.  They had to order them.  I kept one of the old front and one of the old back tires for emergencies, so If I blow a tire or take something through a side wall I will have a backup until Discount can get a new tire in for me.

Jim Davis said:

Some tires (and wheels for that matter) are directional.  They're made to rotate in one direction.  If you reverse them side to side, the rotation will be backwards  The spare I bought is directional, but I'd only run it for a short distance to have my regular tire fixed, so I don't care.

I dont Believe the smart tires are directional, but I could be wrong.  I have to check mine.  If yours are directional, there will be an arrow on the tire sidewall with the word ROTATION.  No arrow?  Doesn't matter.

Another fact.  I've been driving since the early 60's, and have *never* rotated my tires.  If your alignment is good, they shouldn't wear unevenly.

I had the same problem, and there is a part that has to be replaced.  Mine was covered under the regular warranty.  I suggest finding out what the part number of  the defective part is and calling the warranty company and asking why the warranty did not cover a defective part.

Sam B said:
What!! So what's the point in us purchasing extended warranty if that kind of stuff isn't covered. That sounds like a manufacturing problem that should be covered. I can't believe they're gonna charge you to update your software. That's ridiculous.  This kind of stuff takes away from the fun of owning these cars.  Car maintenance should not be such a nightmare for these little cars. It seems that we have little to no coverage on things and it shouldn't be that way.

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service