My 2012 Smart would not go into either manual or automatic gears. I Panicked, and called Mercedes of West Chester, Pa.  I thought for sure the transmission had a major hiccup.   My car was towed 40 miles to the dealer.  I got a call this morning that said that the"Clutch had lost it's mind" but was feeling much better and she could come home. Turns out it was not the  transmission but the computer that controls the clutch had to be given its memory back.  Good news for little Emma. She's home now and feeling much much better .  Just to let you know I LOVE MY SMART CAR. Thank you Mercedes.  Terry

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

To Theresa---I had a simular problem and I took the car to the dealership in Lynfield Mass. and they also had to reset the computer. So far, so good. I  have a 2008 with only 29,000 miles on it and have had no more problems. I do dislike the idea that I have to wait after starting; just a few seconds; and when shifting. Takes a while for he computer to say "ok, lets go".

Wow! We are so glad you were able to reach a resolution. Thanks for sharing. 

David Rogers said:

To Theresa---I had a simular problem and I took the car to the dealership in Lynfield Mass. and they also had to reset the computer. So far, so good. I  have a 2008 with only 29,000 miles on it and have had no more problems. I do dislike the idea that I have to wait after starting; just a few seconds; and when shifting. Takes a while for he computer to say "ok, lets go".

Thank you for your reply.  I did like having to have my car towed 40 miles to get any work done on it when I have a Mercedes dealership locally, all because not many people own this great little car. Most people and there are many who ask me about the Smart , don't believe the smart is a product of Mercedes-Benz.

Oh by the way do you have any information on the Smart rally August 30, 2014 in Philadelphia? I would love to attend.  Thanks again.  Terry

I meant to say I DON'T Like.  LOL

We don't have info on the Philadelphia Rally but here is another smart event coming up in August: http://www.smartusainsider.com/events/pa-philadelphia-color-me-rad

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service