.While cruising through Isle of Wight I came upon another u pick berry farm, only it's blueberries. So, here's the idea, meet at Smithfield Station like last year, drive through Surry to Rt 31 down to Drewry Farm for some blueberry picking and then on to the Virginia Diner for lunch. Blueberries ripen later than strawberries so we can do both the strawberry picking and the blueberries. The farm says they open for blueberry picking in late June. I might recommend a cooler for the berries for when we have lunch. Any takers? I'm checking with the farm for when is the best time for picking before I decide on a date

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds great! We are definitely interested. Can't make it to the strawberry picking because we'll be in Richmond on April 28. Keep us posted about the blueberry picking though! Thanks! Jill and Tony

I have a date for berry picking, June 30. Time tbd, I'd like to get a time that jeffrios can make it since this would be his 1st outing with our group (I think). We'd meet at Smithfield Station parking lot and drive up rt 10 to Surry and then down rt 10 to Drewry Farm for berry picking. After the picking we motor to the Virginia Diner for lunch and disperse after lunch. The usually have a good buffet for lunch.

Art Whittaker said:

I have a date for berry picking, June 30. We'll meet at Smithfield Station parking lot at 11:30-11:45 and drive up rt 10 to Surry and then down rt 10 to Drewry Farm for berry picking. After the picking we motor to the Virginia Diner for lunch and disperse after lunch. The usually have a good buffet for lunch. Sometimes the trip is just as important as the destination..

Art, Judy and I will be at the blueberry picking. Scot

Is the blueberry picking trip still on for today?

Since they predicted 3 digit temps today I figure it's not a good idea, I cancelled on the other sites but I guess I missed this one

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service