Am currently on a cross countrey road trip from CT to AZ and back.  I have found, and this is something new for me, that on the highway the top will not close tightly.  It comes close, but not close enough.  Will take 3 or 4 tries to get the top to seal.  Anyone have this problem?  Will be going in for 20k service when I get back and not sure if I should have them check or is it just me.

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

I have 38000 miles on mine and it is getting air noise now. I can press on the straps above the door and the noise will stop. I don't know how to tighten up the top. Mine also will let a drop of rain where the window meets the front top of the rail. I just lower the window and then raise it back up to stop the drip.

My wife said its just a part of aging but I don't like it. I have not had any problems with the top closing except for a popping noise when I close it sometimes. I still love the little thing.
When I went in and had the roof checked they lubed the rails and I have not had a problem since. 28k miles and still no leaks or loud wind noise. I did treat the roof for the first time just this week. Need to take care of Q-TEE as I do not plan on buying another car before I have to give up driving. Let the fun begin

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service