The smart Michigan Users Group (sMUG) will meet for an Outdoor Barbecue / Social Hour and 2009 event planning session on Thursday, June 4th at 6:PM at smart center Bloomfield. Please come prepared to share your best sMUG event ideas or to lend a hand with event coordination.

Don’t forget to wear you finest tropical attire and bring your sunglasses! Pink Flamingo’s, Burgers and Hot Dogs will be provided. Please bring one side dish or a dessert and the beverage of your choice. The Social Hour will run from 6:00PM until 7:30PM. The event planning will begin at 7:30PM sharp. Please e-mail Alex at abieber@smartcenterbloomfield.com , to RSVP so that we can plan for food.

Views: 10

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry will not be able to attend.
Have to get the grass cut before the Red Wings game.

PS recent smart tower sighting at a Fab shop in Detroit, Mt Elliot just south of Outer Drive,
Comming to a smart center near here ??????????????
A big Thank You goes to our friends at smart Center Bloomfield for once again hosting sMUG for a meeting, AND providing a barbeque. The social hour was attended by around 40 people and the event planning meeting followed.

There were lots of good event ideas discussed and it looks like another great year for sMUG. Here’s what we have so far, just to give you a heads up. More details to follow as plans become more firm. There are a few events that we still need an organizer for, so if you can help out, just send me a message.

June 11 – Cruise In and Car show at Walter P. Chrysler Museum
This is already on the forum calendar

July 17 - Port Huron Cruise Night.

August 15 – Woodward Dream Cruise and Picnic

The following ideas were discussed for events and are in the preliminary planning stages

June 26 or 27 – Howell Hot Air Balloon Fest (Need an organizer for this one)

Road Trip and photo op to Harvest Wind Farm
Michigan’s largest windmill farm, near Bad Ax

Cruise to Crossroads Village/Huckleberry Railroad (Need an organizer for this one)

Trip to Gilmore Classic Car Museum – Kalamazoo (Need an organizer for this one)

Trip to Henry Ford Museum and Auto Hall of Fame
Special exhibit: Cars and Guitars of the Stars

Road Rally / Scavenger Hunt (sometime in the Fall)

Northville Downs – a night at the horse races

Mid September - Weekend Cruise Up North – Traverse City / Petoskey area
Possible activities include M119 Tunnel of Trees, Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive, and Old Mission Peninsula Wineries Tour
CORRECTION

sMUG Port Huron Cruise Night is JULY 10 - NOT July 17 as listed above
I wanted to attend but I was sick. Oh well next time!
Roger Stam said:

Trip to Gilmore Classic Car Museum – Kalamazoo (Need an organizer for this one)

I am in Kalamazoo, and would be willing to help organize something to bring other smarties to the Gilmore. For those that are interested, every Wednesday night from 6 to 9 pm, there is a Cruise-In at the Gilmore Car Museum. The barns are closed on those evenings, but the Blue Moon Diner is open and many antique and classic cars come out. While I didn't park my smart in the "show" area, it still got a few looks from those walking by. For more info check out the website: http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/html/events.php

Grey "Roll 3d6" Grooters

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service