Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix – Labor Day Weekend - August 30th & 31st

NOTE: This is an advance announcement to allow you to make plans. We are waiting for a link to Ticket Master to be added to the Grand Prix web site. Once that is complete a formal announcement will be posted and you will be able to order the “smart corral” ticket packages at greatly reduced prices.

All smart owners worldwide are invited to the “smart corral” at the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix.

The smart Michigan Users Group (sMUG – The Home Team) with the support of smart center Bloomfield, has made arrangements for a “smart corral” at the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix.

Tickets include:
• Priority on island parking – leave and return as often as wanted
• Reserved Seats in Grandstand #3 (fantastic seats!)
• Access to the Firestone Paddock (where teams work on their cars)
• Parade Laps on the Track on Saturday at 7PM
• Drivers Autograph Session (in the paddock)
• smart Car Show Judging (categories TBD)
• Grand Prix Bucks (redeemable for food)
• Free Concert on Saturday at 6PM – Sugar Ray
• And much more…

sMUG – The Home Team is excited to be able to host this event and encourages you to attend and help make this the largest smart gathering in the USA. With Canada right across the river we expect an international flavor with both 450’s and 451’s in attendance.

We will have a small Welcome Center/Hospitality tent in the “smart corral” and smart center Bloomfield will be giving away promotional smart t-shirts to the first 100 owners that enter the “smart corral” on Saturday or Sunday.

The Detroit Grand Prix web site http://detroitgp.com will add a link on their tickets page soon where you will be able to purchase these “smart corral” packages directly.

IMPORTANT! Please reply on this thread if you will be attending so we can estimate the number of smarties to plan for at the “smart corral”. Stay tuned for additional information regarding this exciting sMUG – The Home Team sponsored event.

Please check back for complete pricing and ordering information on the “smart corral” packages available. Please note that you can select a package for 1 – 3 days. The packages are limited to two people per smart car.

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Just ordered my ticket for Saturday and Sunday (do I really need to buy another ticket for my daughter? My family will be at another event in town and I hoped I could show them each a little of the Grand Prix without shelling out another $150)

I am in Section D; Row 5; Seat 6
Stu,
Glad you're going to make it. Your seat is just a few down from ours (Section D; Row 5; Seats 1-2)

You might be able to buy a 1 day ticket and pass it around the family (don't know for sure). Sometimes they issue wrist bands, but usually only for entrance to secured areas.

If you want to go with the one day ticket, try calling the Detroit GP ticket office and explain you want a adjoining seat, rather than trying to go through TicketMaster.
Was so excited after the Dream Cruise, I came home and bought my tickets to the Grand Prix. I'm looking forward to doing something I've never done and having fun with other Smarties too! My tickets are in section G in front of the Pit.
Anne
Look forward to seeing everyone this coming weekend!
This last weekend's 28th Street Metro Cruise was a hit. Check out the photos on the event page (Aug 22).
another beautiful day ! A little sunburn and lots of new friends. Can't wait to see everyone's pictures. A very heartfelt thank you to the wonderful people at Penske / SmartUSA / smart Bloomfield, especially Rick and Melanie / and Roger for making this a fabulous week-end. Let's do it again next year.
Race was a blast!!! Got to meet some people which was great!!!! Races were great entertainment! Hope for the same weather next year!!!!
Sorry we missed the Races, we were in Milwakee all week helping Harley celabrate its 105th birthday.

Anyway were are the photos, I want to see what we missed !!
I just posted a bunch of pictures of us riding the Grand Prix track, enjoy.
Anne

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service