I have to take KLAATUU in for service and wonder how the 'new' place is?

Theresa

TnT 0604

Views: 197

Replies to This Discussion

I am in Michigan, not sure where you are, service was a little shaky at 1st one dealer had Smart cars then it changed to another dealer and I did not get the memo that they were changing. Once I got established a little it was better, Mark is my service guy. I had some warranty work done and they were rather slow about that.

I think we are dealing with a frugal dealership, not what I expected from Mercedes. My husband has a BMW and he goes to Earahardt in Farm Hills and they have much better stuff for waiting clients. If he ever has a warranty issue and they need to keep the car, he gets a free loaner. They have awesome coffees and teas and warm baked cookies, (if you wait.) I was picking up my hubby's car in Summer and they opened my car door and handed me a chilled bottled water, to cool off.

Back to my dealer, I needed a 10,000  mile check up, so I scheduled an appointment and I arrived on time, they offered me a ride to either downtown Birmingham or Sommerset , which was nice. It was a beautiful day so I opted for Birmingham, I just had a leisurely breakfast and my phone rang, in less than an hour they performed everything needed and the price(we discussed) was actually $50.00 less than expected. Hope this helps. My husband was thrilled since I had no time to shop !

I just had Smartey in for the 50,000 mile check up. Base cost on that one is $230 range. They found my blower motor was not working (it had been blowing fuses) and fortunately it was covered in the extended warranty I purchased so I had to pay the $100 deductable.

Then they found the tire valve stem was cracked. That was going to be $95 since the tire pressure monitor system uses a sensor in the valve stem. I did purchase the tire warranty (extra) however that covers tires and wheels, not valve stems. I had to laugh about that since it was so ridiculous. What can ya do.

They also recommended rotating tires, which they call a tire swap or flip or something. They wanted to charge me $58. I said the smart dealership did that for me for free. They did not seem impressed. So when they came back to tell me about the valve stem, I said I'd pay the $95 for the new valve stem if they covered the $58. So they did.  At least I felt like I was able to deal on something.

I was there for about two hours and the waiting room was nice and had free wi-fi so I was happy to have my iPad with me. They also had coffee/tea. Everyone was nice, however it is far and away NOT Bloomfield smart. I am still really sorry they closed.

By the way, they do not have any old files, none were transferred. When I called I assumed they already had a file for me and they did not. They said they didn't get anything from the smart dealer. It didn't seem to matter as they were able to look up my warranty coverage, so it does not seem it's a big deal, I was just surprised.

Debra, is the Mark you refer to Mark Hovis?  He was the maintenance manager at SMART Bloomfiled, and a great guy - he helped me out several time - it's difficult when we're 100 miles away from Metro Detroit.

Mary,  Saginaw

Mary,

Mark is not Mark Hovis - he is the service guy that got stuck with the smarties.  It took over a week for them to receive the Brabus wheels that needed replacement.  This is not unusual - even Hovis had trouble acquiring replacement Brabus wheels.  The new smart Bloomfield did a fine job, in a timely fashion.  Mark came out and let us know how the job was progressing, there was water and juice in the fridge, and they washed up KLAATUU when they were finished.

All in all not a bad experience.

Tnt

Mary Smith said:

Debra, is the Mark you refer to Mark Hovis?  He was the maintenance manager at SMART Bloomfiled, and a great guy - he helped me out several time - it's difficult when we're 100 miles away from Metro Detroit.

Mary,  Saginaw

Mark Hovis is now at Penske owned Toyota of Waterford. He's the guy I'm going to when ITIBITI next needs service.

Thanks for the info,

I'll go there too.  Mark is great!

Billo said:

Mark Hovis is now at Penske owned Toyota of Waterford. He's the guy I'm going to when ITIBITI next needs service.

I am in Midland, so Waterford or Bloomfield for check-ups ? Thanks guys.

p.s. we ordered snow tires for smartie  ( Fur Zwei ) . First winter in MI.....wish me luck.

I took IAMSMRT in 2 weeks ago for 50,000.  I was greeted immediately, it didn't take long to get me checked in, and then taken to the waiting area.  I thought the waiting area was really nice.  Took about an hour.  No problems found.  Checkout was efficient and the car had been washed.

The only difference I found was that the work done was not explained to me.  When Smart Bloomfield was doing service we were always given a piece of paper that showed exactly what was to be done at that mileage.  Each item actually performed was checked off and contained service tech notes.  No such documentation here and no person telling me what was done.  Not a big deal as I was able to decipher the receipt I was given.

First impression was good.  We'll see how it goes at 60,000.

How much did they charge you?

Rick Leedy said:

I took IAMSMRT in 2 weeks ago for 50,000.  I was greeted immediately, it didn't take long to get me checked in, and then taken to the waiting area.  I thought the waiting area was really nice.  Took about an hour.  No problems found.  Checkout was efficient and the car had been washed.

The only difference I found was that the work done was not explained to me.  When Smart Bloomfield was doing service we were always given a piece of paper that showed exactly what was to be done at that mileage.  Each item actually performed was checked off and contained service tech notes.  No such documentation here and no person telling me what was done.  Not a big deal as I was able to decipher the receipt I was given.

First impression was good.  We'll see how it goes at 60,000.

No doubt in my mind.  I will be going to see Mark at the Toyota dealership for my 50,000 mile checkup.

Billo said:

I recently took my 2008 smart in to get checked at the Mercedes dealership. The car sat for 5 days outside earlier this month while I was on a trip, and the battery was completely dead when I returned. I was 99% sure I didn't leave anything on that would drain the battery, so I wanted to see if the battery was okay.

The Mercedes service people checked it out and said nothing was wrong, and didn't offer any explanation about why the battery died. Initially they said I'd be charged $104 but I ended up being charged $52, so they gave me a break there.

The Mercedes dealership is closer to my house than the smart dealership was, but I miss the good communication and attention that Mark Hovis provided. Do they service smarts at his new Toyota dealership or does he do smart work on the side? Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I just had my 20K service work done...Fri, Jan 20th.

For the last month I've been racking my brain as to where I am supposed to take my Smart now that I can't take it to Mark (Hovis) anymore. I called my local MB dealer in Grand Rapids and found out they don't have a certified Smart mechanic. I asked where I should be taking it and their reply was to take it to the dealer in Lk Bluff IL....a 4 hour drive for me!! As the day for me to take it in was getting closer and the weather was looking like it wouldn't cooperate, I had one of those "moments"...wondering what/where Mark might have gone. Since I had to have my first Smart repaired at Toyota of Waterford (rear-end collision) back in 2008, I thought that maybe someone would know where he went after Penske. I actually got a chance to talk to him...he is working at the Toyota dealership.

He indicated that no Smart service work is done at Toyota and that I should contact Logan, a long time friend of his, at the MB dealership. You can't imagine how HAPPPPPYYY I was to find out I didn't have to go to Chicago.

I called and got an appointment, took my car in last Friday and had the routine work done. Logan was fairly knowledgeable, but not like Mark!  The service took about 2hrs and I payed just under $300 that included new front wipers. I would rate my experience a 3.5 out of 5. 

In case you're not familiar with the MB dealership, it's not too far from the Smart Center on Telegraph...it's located on Woodward.

I'm looking forward to seeing W. MI getting a certified mechanic!

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service