Some of us have discussed doing a drive to and then down the Talimena Scenic Drive.  We are thinking the end of September or first part of October in order to see the Fall colors. We would have lunch either at the beginning of the drive or stop at the Queen Wilhemena lodge for lunch depending on time. This decision will be made in advance.   I am also inviting Oklahoma City area smarts and Arkansas area smarts to join us on the drive.

I'm thinking we would caravan from Tulsa to Mena, Arkansas and meet the OK City and Arkansas smarts there and then go down the scenic drive ending at Talihena.

This would be an all day event, leaving early and getting home in the early evening depending on how fast we do the Talimena Scenic drive. It is about a 3 hr drive to Mena, Arkansas from Tulsa.

Please reply here with your interest level and any comments or questions and I will check back frequently.   I'm really hoping that there is some interest in our group to do this.   It's a beautiful drive and well worth the trip.

Happy smarting,

Jill

Views: 72

Replies to This Discussion

Depending on responses from others I'm thinking Sat. Oct 1 or Sat. Oct 8. I also need to check on when the leaves might be turning.
This sounds good if on Saturday!
You got my vote. By the way, tell Jim that I purchased the Smart Power chip from Smartmadness. Should have it in a couple of days.
I'll let Jim know.  We've also got an Arkansas and a Kansas smart owner interested in the drive so far.

Lloyd Easton said:
You got my vote. By the way, tell Jim that I purchased the Smart Power chip from Smartmadness. Should have it in a couple of days.
I think 22 September may not be good for most as that is a Thursday (next week).  October 22 is a Saturday.

Date correction to prior  posting. The Drive is on October 22.

It appears that the best time to see the leaves changing colors on the Talimena Scenic drive is mid-october to early November. We need to leave early in order to have time for the drive and get back home before it's too late. The following information will also be posted on the events page and SCOA.

Talimena Scenic Drive

Saturday October 22

Time: 7:30am (We need to leave by 8 am)

Meeting place: Braums @ 81st and Highway 51 (Broken Arrow)

We will be taking the turnpike part way so bring change for it if you don't have a pike pass. If you have a FRS radio bring it so we can communicate on the way.

There are 2 or 3 smarts that will be meeting us at Mena, Arkansas

Please RSVP. either here or at the Events page.

This should Have read October 22.
Jill Hobbs said:

It appears that the best time to see the leaves changing colors on the Talimena Scenic drive is mid-october to early November.    We need to leave early in order to have time for the drive and get back home before it's too late.  The following information will also be posted on the events page and SCOA.

Talimena Scenic Drive

Saturday September 22

Time: 7:30am  (We need to leave by 8 am)

Meeting place:  Braums @ 81st and Highway 51 (Broken Arrow)

We will be taking the turnpike part way so bring change for it if you don't have a pike pass.  If you have a FRS radio bring it so we can communicate on the way.

There are 2 or 3 smarts that will be meeting us at Mena, Arkansas

Please RSVP. either here or at the Events page.

Jill

jkjahobbs@aol.com

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.