It appears that the best time to see the leaves changing colors on the Talimena Scenic drive is mid-october to early November. We need to leave early in order to have time for the drive and get back home before it's too late. The following information will also be posted on the events page and SCOA.

Talimena Scenic Drive

Saturday October 22

Time: 7:30am (We need to leave by 8 am)

This is an all day event.

Meeting place: Braums @ 81st and Highway 51 (Broken Arrow)

Lunch will be at Talimena Lodge

We will be taking the turnpike part way so bring change for it if you don't have a pike pass. If you have a FRS radio bring it so we can communicate on the way.

There are 2 or 3 smarts that will be meeting us at Mena, Arkansas

Please RSVP either here or at the Events page.

Depending on the time we may eat supper on the way home or you can wait until we are back to Tulsa. We do not have to drive back as a group but we can.

Jill

Views: 173

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jill,

Thank you for the invitation to go on the Talimena Drive tour. I would love to go, but am currently under a crazy work contract until mid-december that does not allow me much free time. I also saw your invitation to the Eureka Springs event. I am missing a lot of fun stuff during this period, but I guess it comes with the territory... Hope you all have lots of fun and hopefully I will be able to enjoy it a bit more next year.

Mario

we might be able to make it.  will know later this week

Are you going to be able to make the drive?  If yes, 1 or 2 people?

Thank you,

Jill

Thefley said:

we might be able to make it.  will know later this week

So far I have 2 people who have indicated that they are coming on the drive.  Anyone else?  The Talimena Scenic Drive is beautiful and well worth the drive to get there.   Please let me know this week if you are planning to come and whether 1 or 2 people are coming in your car.

Thanks, Jill

we are in, sorry for late response

Anyone else planning to come that hasn't RSVP'd.  There still time to join us tomorrow morning.  We will leave Braums at Hwy 51 and 81st at 8 am.  We'd love to have you along. 

Lunch is at the Queen Wilhemena Lodge, not Talimena Lodge (there is no such critter that I know of). Prices are reasonable.

sorry to bail on you all, a death in family so we are not going to make it, we are off on a road trip the other way. maybe next time you all.

T.

I'm sorry to hear about the death in your familly.  Condolences to you and your family.  I'm sending up prayers for you and your family.  Safe travels.

This has been cancelled.  4 of the 6 cars that RSVP'd had to cancel this weeked due to conflicts and in one case a death in the family.   We will try another event or maybe just a dinner get together in Tulsa either in November or December.

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service