I'm new to the group, but my wife and I would enjoy getting together with a group of fellow Smarties and adding some more color to the roadsides of WV. Lets give the leaf watchers something else to gawk at and admire while enjoying the changing of the seasons. Any ideas?

Views: 12

Replies to This Discussion

Rally at the Bridge!
Middle of the State
I'm game for a Saturday meet if we can scare up a few smarties and its not too far away. I'll be in Delaware the weekends of Oct 10 and Oct 17. How about a picture of several smarts at the Mystery Hole? I've never been there, although I've been by it a few times. I'm not sure how far it is away from the New River bridge. Perhaps someone more familiar with the area could suggest a good place to eat?
I just remembered that the Good Evening Ranch and Feedbox Restaurant are near Summersville. With the exotic animals and country food, that might be a good lunch spot for a bunch of 'wild' smarts.
We are game for meeting just about anywhere so I will keep my thinkin cap on and try to come up with something unique. Never been to the mystery hole, that could be fun. Keep gathering ideas folks we'll figure something out. I used to have a book called "Way out in WV". It was a about a couple that traveled all the roads of WV and documented every site they found along the way. I'll see if I can dig it out of storage tomorrow.
Here is a link to the actual Good Evening Ranch website.
I'm guessing from the feedback that everyone wants to meet around the NRG Bridge for a starting point on this little adventure, correct?

Robert Fernatt said:
Mark M. said:
I'm guessing from the feedback that everyone wants to meet around the NRG Bridge for a starting point on this little adventure, correct?

Robert Fernatt said:

I'm gamef for the Bridge as long as it is not the last weekend of Sept; I'll be at the Out-smart-ing the Dragon event at that time. I was born in Oak Hill and have a place to stay...
Ok people, would we prefer to meet at the bridge, on the bridge or before the bridge? Also, do need permission to park on it and take a group pic from local authorities? Another thing is which direction would you like to head in? We also need a finishing point. If we can agree on a general direction/course of action, I will try to plan out a site filled road trip. Found my book with all the wild and crazy sites in WV. Let me know soon. Also maybe we can exchange phone numbers and discuss this trip too.

MarkM
Stopping on the bridge is illegal..., not sure on permits though.
http://www.officialbridgeday.com/

Bridge Day is 10/17, 30th anniversary. I'll be there regardless since I walked the bridge the day it opened.
There is also a Bridge Day Car Show
This may be one of the better opportunities to stage a photo.

Mark M. said:
Ok people, would we prefer to meet at the bridge, on the bridge or before the bridge? Also, do need permission to park on it and take a group pic from local authorities? Another thing is which direction would you like to head in? We also need a finishing point. If we can agree on a general direction/course of action, I will try to plan out a site filled road trip. Found my book with all the wild and crazy sites in WV. Let me know soon. Also maybe we can exchange phone numbers and discuss this trip too.

MarkM
I was thinking meeting somewhere for lunch (the Ranch?), driving a bit, stop by the bridge for photos, etc, continue driving over the bridge, drive a mini 'Dragon' over Rt 60, stop by the Mystery Hole, and end up somewhere else for some more photos and coffee (Kanawha Falls/Glen Ferrris Inn or maybe Hawks Nest State Park?) I'm close enough where it's not a big deal how we do it...
Hi all, sorry, I've been absent for pretty much the bulk of this year, work and what not... did you guys have a fall meet or not? I'd love to try to meet up with some other Smarts again like last fall in Charleston, let me know...
Chris Curry said:
Hi all, sorry, I've been absent for pretty much the bulk of this year, work and what not... did you guys have a fall meet or not? I'd love to try to meet up with some other Smarts again like last fall in Charleston, let me know...

Everything got busy with the Dragon event and we never really got a WV fall event finalized. So, we haven't gotten together. I'm still up for it and interested even if it's just coffee or lunch somewhere. It doesn't have to be a big production since everyone is kinda busy.

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service