Calling All Florida Smarties:
We have an incredible opportunity to eclipse the 133 smart cars that met a month ago on Lombard St. in San Francisco and enjoy a super meet and greet here in our own state.
On Dec, 5, 6, & 7 the Sebring Raceway in Sebring Florida will be the site of the Historic Fall Sports Car Races. These races are put together and managed by Historic Sportscar Racing LLC.
I have been able to negotiate a deal with HSR, LLC which would include: Entry to the races for 1 day, a reserved parking corral for our smart cars in the paddock area, and participation in a parade lap of the track at noon in our cars. The normal entry fee for the races is $20 in advance or $25 at the gate and they would give us a discount to $15 payable at the gate. The normal per car parking charge in the Paddock is $15 per car and they would discount this to $10. There would be no charge to participate in the parade lap.
Therefore the total charge for the day would be $25.00 for one person in a smart car and $40.00 for two people in a smart car.
There are some restrictions which are as follows:
1. The deal is off if we have less than 20 smart cars show up.
2. They would like us to arrive together as a group so they can handle our fees and the waiver’s for the parade lap all at one time. This would require that we stage offsite and then come in together.
3. You would have to be in a smart car to participate.
4. They will require us to provide a sign for the parking corral which I would take care of.
5. Passengers for the Parade lap must be at least 8 years old to participate.
6. They would prefer cash and exact change for our entry fees to facilitate our entry.
7. We would need to confirm a pretty accurate participation number a week in advance of the date.
It is also clear that we would need to meet in Sebring the morning of the event by 8:00AM so it would be an early morning for most of us driving in from some distance. There are hotels in Sebring for those wanting to come the night before but reservations may be difficult to come by due to the race weekend.
Approximate Mileage to Sebring from:
Ft. Lauderdale=154 miles
Ft. Myers=86 miles
Daytona Beach=139 miles
I believe that if we have 20 to 30 smart cars participate we would have a great time and the event would be well worthwhile. But I also believe that with the central location of Sebring and some efforts on all of our parts to convince our fellow smarties to join us we could turn out over 100 smart cars for this event.
I think we have about 30 days to determine if there is enough interest to move this forward. If you are interested please send me an e-mail at email@example.com so that I can determine the level of interest and access your e-mail address for follow-up information. If not enough interest is expressed I will cancel and inform everyone.
For further information on the races click on the following link and then on the additional link for spectator information. http://www.hsrrace.com/HSR/HSRHome.nsf/weblinks/EJEN-7AFUMB?OpenDocument
Thank you for your interest.