After an eleven month wait I received my 09 Coupe yesterday (23rd), new darker metallic gray/black, pretty much loaded. I've only been able to drive it 50 miles so far but here are a few 1st impressions.
- Fun to drive with the exception of highway driving (65-70 mph). I'm hoping I get used to driving it on the highway since that's about 75% of my driving. Even the smallest of wind gusts, semi turbulence, or larger cars and utility trucks will get you off course. Impossible to keep on a straight line even with both hands on the wheel.
- No matter what configuration I adjust the driver seat the seatbelt is always cutting into my neck. Without an adjustable seatbelt height I don't see any way around this. It also pulls tight on top of that, hoping over time it will loosen up.
- Lots of road/engine/wind noise and vibration from the engine. I think that's all expected, getting used to it. I was probably too excited to notice this when I test drove months ago.
- Put a change cup in one of the cup holders. Nowhere to put change, coin slots are useless.
- I went for the $350 Premium Sound System. The sound is really, really bad. Ended up opting for the dealer to install a JVC unit with Sirius/Bluetooth add-ons for $1,700 which is about $500 markup but I don't have the patience or time to do it myself. At some point I'll get better and rear speakers.
- Tons of leg room. In the passenger seat I can put my legs out straight and I'm 6 ft tall.
- I know there are tons of posts on transmission lag and I expected it, but even with the 2009 there are still lags/surges. Trying to learn best way to manipulate the gas pedal for smother shifting and acceleration. Can be annoying at times, seems worst between 1st and 2nd.
- Auto wipers seem to work great but read a post on here that there's a problem if you leave it in Auto position in the 09's that it will kill the battery.
- Everyone at the Cincinnati dealership has been great and very responsive during my waiting period and turnover.
Overall, love the car and looking forward to driving it more and more.